Thanks for 2008 Cholly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for 2008 Cholly.

Charlie gave me the best era of Phils baseball that I can remember. Even before the Ed Wade losers like Abreu got weeded out, this was the best Phils baseball I can remember (my first game was 1987).

Thome, the way they made the playoffs in 2007, annihilating Broxton in the 2009 NLCS, the greatness of the 2010 team before they choked the chicken.... Charlie deserves a statue out in front of CBP.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
      Charlie gave me the best era of Phils baseball that I can remember. Even before the Ed Wade losers like Abreu got weeded out, this was the best Phils baseball I can remember (my first game was 1987).

Thome, the way they made the playoffs in 2007, annihilating Broxton in the 2009 NLCS, the greatness of the 2010 team before they choked the chicken.... Charlie deserves a statue out in front of CBP.
      Ruben did him dirty. Should have let everyone know when it was his last game and made it be at home so the fans could thank him as a send off. Would've been the first sell out in a while that's for sure. Word is they told him wed night before he won his 1,000th game as manager. Douche chill city.
      "Fuck your 10 year old, this is football."

Comment

Yes, thank you Charlie

You gave us a parade and we are eternally grateful.

Comment

He'll be managing next year

Down the street in DC.

Comment

I started going to Phillies games in 1948.

In all that time only 2 World series wins in 1980, and 2008.
            "Never Look Back, Something May Be Gaining On You."

Comment

I thank him of 09 as well.

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
              You gave us a parade and we are eternally grateful.
              that was a tremendous run as well. they might not have finished the job but they won the World Series game I attended and the Skankees fans in attendance did NOT celebrate in our house!
              Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
              May 7, 2010

Comment

The Phils aren't going anywhere this year

RAJ could've let him finish out the season... You know, he only led us to two World Series and gave us a parade down Broad Street.
                "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

Working...
                X