Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foles is not a good fit for Kelly's offense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foles is not a good fit for Kelly's offense.

Can he execute it reasonably competently? Sure. But I'd rather see someone perfectly suited who has all the weapons.

I've got doubts about Vick but he's a better fit than Foles. Trade Foles now when his value is high. He'll never be the best guy for Kelly. Doesn't have enough dimensions to his game. Foles to the Jets sounds like a great idea for both teams. I'm not crazy about Barkley either but am sure Dixon could back up Vick if necessary.

The quarterback of the future is not on the roster yet.
    Last edited by Maniac; 08-20-2013, 10:00 PM.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

What Vick brings is his arm ... if he runs, he's fucking dead.

This ain't high school it's the NFL ... quarterbacks don't last long running.

And Kelly can make that offense work for Foles ... in fact, he did.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      What Vick brings is his arm ... if he runs, he's fucking dead.

This ain't high school it's the NFL ... quarterbacks don't last long running.
      foles has an arm.

but optimally you want a kaepernick/wilson type. a running threat that knows when not to run. vick's judgement is questionable.

actually a young mcnabb would be perfect for kelly.

Comment

[QUOTE
        The quarterback of the future is not on the roster yet.[/QUOTE]

The coach of the future isn't either but that's beside the point. Foles should be given the chance to see if he can be the QB OF the future. Vick will not be so why go thru this nonsense with him.

Comment

Vick puts the deep throw legitimately in play.

Not just the go ... the 20 yard out and that kind of shit.

Foles has a guy five yards out and 20 yards ... he hits the five yard guy.

Not necessarily a bad thing with this defense, but Vick is out there because of his arm, not his legs.

And they don't need a runner to run this offense.

Comment

Because he's better than Foles right now due to his arm strength ... and looks like he isn't a dope reading the throws ... yet.

Comment

Vick has the better arm and better wheels. Im pretty sure they both factor in. Plus locker room respect.

Comment

Foles is probably a decent quarterback and a nice guy but he has FF all over him.

If Kelly had drafted him there might be something to talk about, but he didnt.

Comment

That makes no sense.

Comment

i don't see where foles gets his trade value. he posted some decent numbers in an offense that passed a lot. his best game was a win against tampa. his second best game was a loss against dallas. his third best game was a loss against washington in which he didn't play very well. am i missing something else? i don't see something from him like kolb's two weeks in 2009 where he passed for a ton of yards, or game against the falcons in 2010 that led to the fleecing of arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                      That makes no sense.
                      Thank you.

Comment

He's not being traded.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                          i don't see where foles gets his trade value. he posted some decent numbers in an offense that passed a lot. his best game was a win against tampa. his second best game was a loss against dallas. his third best game was a loss against washington in which he didn't play very well. am i missing something else? i don't see something from him like kolb's two weeks in 2009 where he passed for a ton of yards, or game against the falcons in 2010 that led to the fleecing of arizona.
                          Foles broke his hand at halftime against the skins...and his throwing hand...I've broken my hand before. Just below the point where the knuckle is... the fact he finished the game is pretty amazing to me.
                          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I don't think there's 1 team that would put on tape of Foles and say "that's a guy we gotta have"

There are 5 guys like Foles who are hoping their phone rings and don't cost a thing but airfare. AJ Feeley was as good as Foles is.

#Hoying
                            Last edited by Ellsworth; 08-21-2013, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Now wait a minute, I really don't understand how some of you can dismiss Foles so easily?

Last year was his FIRST in the league, he winds up finishing the year out because Vick couldn't stay on the field.

He played behind a rag tag shit line, in his FIRST year, for a LAME DUCK coach, with half of a team that had already quit.

He comes into camp this year, his SECOND, and narrowly gets beat out by a 13 year, big name veteran.

In a short couple of weeks he has proven he not only can grasp this new O, but can run it successfully.

The kid will only get better, and on top of that, he is tough as nails, not just because of the broken hand deal either. Go back and look at some of the hits he took in college and never came out.

Until he is giving a REAL chance,in a REAL game, behind a REAL O line, surrounded by players that seem to give a shit, I just don't see how you can say he is mediocre.

JMHO
                              Last edited by Eagle Road; 08-21-2013, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X