Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foles is not a good fit for Kelly's offense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Els knew Skeeter Chesney could chuck a rock better than the legend Cletus Bodine as soon as he saw him knock a raccoon off the top of his mee maw's F-150.

Sure enough Skeeter went on to be the best in Beaufort County.

Can't question his evaluation ... only takes one throw.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      Els knew Skeeter Chesney could chuck a rock better than the legend Cletus Bodine as soon as he saw him knock a raccoon off the top of his mee maw's F-150.

Sure enough Skeeter went on to be the best in Beaufort County.

Can't question his evaluation ... only takes one throw.

:D

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        I don't think there's 1 team that would put on tape of Foles and say "that's a guy we gotta have"

There are 5 guys like Foles who are hoping their phone rings and don't cost a thing but airfare. AJ Feeley was as good as Foles is.

#Hoying
        Evaluations of Foles are extremely mixed around here. Id imagine they are around the league too.

I dont think they trade him but I would offer him around to see what the market is.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          i don't see where foles gets his trade value. he posted some decent numbers in an offense that passed a lot. his best game was a win against tampa. his second best game was a loss against dallas. his third best game was a loss against washington in which he didn't play very well. am i missing something else? i don't see something from him like kolb's two weeks in 2009 where he passed for a ton of yards, or game against the falcons in 2010 that led to the fleecing of arizona.
          I think Foles have the potential to be a very good QB but Vick is blocking that at this point. Foles need more games under his belt to see how good he can be.

Comment

I just hope the Redskins/RG3 melt down in the season opener.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

He's not going anywhere in trade I don't think. Eagles have screwed so many teams over trading them bum QB's I seriously doubt anyone would take another young "up and comer" from them (not us).

Need Foles As insurance anyway til Barkley is ready.
              Last edited by Ellsworth; 08-21-2013, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                He's not going anywhere in trade I don't think. Eagles have screwed so many teams over trading them bum QB's I seriously doubt anyone would take another young "up and comer" from them (not us).

Need Foles As insurance anyway til Barkley is ready.

I just don't get all the "circle-jerk" hoopla over Barkley, he has a lot to prove to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                  Evaluations of Foles are extremely mixed around here. Id imagine they are around the league too.

I dont think they trade him but I would offer him around to see what the market is.
                  You Sir an and Idiot!

Foles was a lot more effective last season than you might think. For example, in the Super Bowl era, 20 QBs were drafted with the 1st overall pick. If you inserted Nick Foles into that group, he had the 2nd highest passer rating his rookie season. His qb rating of 79.1

Some of those on the list -- Elway 54.9 Shli - 55.4 Aikman - 55.7 and yes Mike Vick 62.7

And this was behind one of the worst lines to play football. and FF at the helm.

YOU DONT SHOP AROUND A YOUNG TALENT LIKE THAT!
                  I think Vick starts the year. Hope he has a fantastic year! But I dont believe he is a lock to stick. I also dont see Chip as a guy afraid to give the quick hook considering he has an other alternative on the bench.

I like Vicks tools except for two key components. 1. His head. We are now seeing him in games running Vanilla offense vs vanilla defense. Lets see him try and make the adjustments at the line and the quick reads then the quick accurate throws with some touch. I dont think Chip will see that come the real games. I hope Vick proves me wrong and really gets it but if past experience predicts the future performance he won't 2. His size his vision down field I still think this is a problem for him and the reason we have that interesting net in camp practices simulating big d linemen he has to see over and around.

Comment

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
                    You Sir an and Idiot!

Foles was a lot more effective last season than you might think. For example, in the Super Bowl era, 20 QBs were drafted with the 1st overall pick. If you inserted Nick Foles into that group, he had the 2nd highest passer rating his rookie season. His qb rating of 79.1

Some of those on the list -- Elway 54.9 Shli - 55.4 Aikman - 55.7 and yes Mike Vick 62.7 .
                    Either you are blowing Foles to hard or you just hate Vick. Which is it?

Comment

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
                      You Sir an and Idiot!
                      This is a bit, right?
                      Some insider joke I missed?

Comment

Working...
                      X