Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife's car went...small suv recs?

Prob go brand new/loaded.
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Youngster just got one of the Honda Crosstours

He got it off lease from Carsense. Lifetime engine warranty and only had 8k miles on it. Fully loaded for 24K.

And it's a Honda.

The Subaru Forresters while not very sexy looking are nice.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Our family has a Toyota RAV4. It's held up pretty well and has had no major maintenance issues, though we've gotten two manufacture notices in the mail over the past few years to take it in for inspection of potentially faulty parts, one of which could cause a fire. Our car wasn't affected by either one, but its worth noting. I don't know if that was particular to this model year (2010) or a problem with Toyota's in general.

Comment

My advice, stay away from anything VW makes, my wife just had to have a new Toruage, so we traded in the trusty Grand Cherokee and bought her our first and ONLY foreign car, a loaded, 50,000+ VW Toruage V8.

In the first six months it was towed into the shop 8 times, replaced battery, complete body wiring harness, electric diff motors, charging system, etc.

So I figured we just had a lemon, so I ask VW to make me a deal on a new one, they would not even talk about it, looked at the forums and they are plenty of horror stories just like mine.

Traded it for a new Ford F 150 crew short bed, we are at 150,000 miles and not a peep outta this thing.

As far as new small suv's, I would probably look at the new little Buick or the GMC Terrain.
        Last edited by Eagle Road; 08-21-2013, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
          A friend just got the top Subaru Forester with i-sight (sp). Very nice and the i-sight is awesome.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

We've got an Enclave and really like it a lot. It's really not as big as the seating for 7 would lead you to believe. If you put that back row down, it's pretty much like a normal SUV.

There's a GM training center by my work, and they've got a Cadillac SRX out there right now that looks pretty sharp. My parents have one and they love it.

If I had to buy one right now, I'm a big fan of the GMC Terrain, and that's even smaller.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Ford Escape

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
              Popular around here and the wife drives one. as close to a minivan as i'm willing to go.

Comment

Buy anything American Diggle! American vehicles have improved leaps and bounds recently...you have to entertain the idea at least.

Comment

Here is the US News and World Report Compact SUV rankings

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...-Compact-SUVs/

Comment

The Buick Enclave is a mid-sized SUV

He's looking for a small SUV. The Enclave is really nice though. Very luxurious. And very expensive. The bigslizz is throwing around some big coin! How are you swinging that? Lease?

Comment

Have a 2009 Honda crv

Love it

Comment

The Ford SUV's are really nice now after the major redesign

What year is yours?

Comment

This car is not an SUV per se, but people should....

....seriously consider the Honda Fit if they're looking in the small SUV category. That car has small SUV space and utility for a FRACTION of the price of a CR-V. You can get a fully loaded one for less than $20K. Great gas mileage and very reliable.

Comment

Friend of mine has a Chevrolet Equinox and LOVES it. He routinely drives from IL to PA and back...zero complaints.

Comment

Do it!! Cadillac SRX

One of my buddies wife had the GMC Acadia and loved it. She's had the Mercedes SUV and hated it. She's looking for a new one they flip their cars every 3 or 4 years. He told me they're looking at the Buick Enclave but they're considering the Cadillac SRX. The Caddi is $$$ Mechanically i'm sure the GMC/BUICK/CADILLAC are all the same. $$$ CADI > BUICK > GMC. If you don't go GM buy a Ford but I agree buy American if you can.
                              http://www.cadillac.com/srx-luxury-crossover.html

Comment

Working...
                              X