• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why SUV?

Comment

Ford LTD Country Squire

Comment

People like the look, perception of safety, perception of being...

.....better in the snow. Stuff like that. The reality is that these things are not the most comfortable, best-handling vehicles on the road. SUV's are easily rolled over. I just saw a CR-V roll over right here in front of my workplace on Monday morning. And 4 wheel drive is really not needed now that most cars have front wheel drive. My daily driver is a rear wheel drive Saturn Sky roadster. I have driven it in snow and I have no problems. Ya know people just want to whine, b*tch and moan about stuff. There was only one day in the last 3 winters that I left the Sky at home. That day I drove the wife to work in a front wheel drive car.

Comment

Bwahahahahahaha!

AMC Pacer!

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
            . The reality is that these things are not the most comfortable, best-handling vehicles on the road. SUV's are easily rolled over. I just saw a CR-V roll over right here in front of my workplace on Monday morning.
            I thought people got hip to the ridiculousness of owning SUV's in the city about 10 years ago. Guess not.

Comment

Bardy makes a joke down below, but the SUV is.....

.....really the station wagon of our times. Straight up.

Comment

Lincoln Navigator

Dub deuces ... shag wheel cover.

That's pimp right there.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I'm moving my kid into the dorm tomorrow ... glad I have the Expedition.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Can't go wrong with either a CRV or a Rav4. I think the frills on the Toyota are a little nicer, though.

Comment

Honestly, its because my wife is a shitty driver and a higher up vehicle is easier for her to see over cars pulling out of one way streets. Plus we like a car we can put bikes and load up stuff with. Small SUV isnt that big front to back either for parking in the city. We're not talking an Escalade here

My next personal car will probably be a prius.
                      WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post

My next personal car will probably be a prius.
                        Good call, I am headed down the same path and have been looking at used ones, very reasonable and can't beat the mileage

And I just saw an AMC Pacer yesterday driving down the road, couldn't believe there are any still in operation

Comment

Boooo!!

Comment

Oh good. So she's in the SUV that I can't see around.....

Nice.

Comment

Is he in Flint Hall?

That kid's cherry is HISTORY!

Comment

I had a Prius loaner recently and I drove one....

...through the Tail of the Dragon in the Smokey Mountains when I was out there on business. Love the car. Lots of room, very comfortable. The Blutooth worked great with my iPhone.

Comment

Working...
                                X