No announcement yet.

Wife's car went...small suv recs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really not that bad. Seriously traded in a 1998 Saturn and that took a lot off the sticker price.

Plus we bought our house that year, so Obama helped with the down payment!
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Day ... I gotta walk up that fucking hill.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Hahaha! All the freshman are up there.

The Goon Squad will help you out. Can you imagine what goes on as soon as the last parent drives out of town?

Comment

Economic stimulus!

Lock it!

Comment

A lot wiggle room there.

A Chevy Suburban in the city is pretty tough to park and fuel. A Ford Escape 4-Banger is perfectly reasonable and shorter than a Volvo station wagon.

Now an uparmored Chevy Suburban with optional anti-IED package and turret mount for a 7.62 minigun is perfectly reasonable in the city, if that city happens to be in Somalia.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
              .....really the station wagon of our times. Straight up.
              Yep. I had one in the 90s. Once gas hit 3 bucks a gallon it made no kind of sense whatever to continue driving one around LA. Now that it is permanently over 4 dollars per gallon one can spend an entire yearly vacation budget just feeding the hungry beast to putter around town.

I have a Prius now. It will be my last gasoline car ever. All electric on the next purchase in a few years.

Hopefully in a few years, autonomous cars will finally start being viable. That's where we're headed whether the car is powered by gas or electricity. Autonomous features are already appearing in cars and they work! We'll just need some political will to sort out new rules and legal issues. (Which might mean it will never happen... At least not in this country)

Comment

dodge grand caravan

3 words: stow N go

Comment

minivan? puhleeeze

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                  dodge grand caravan

3 words: stow N go
                  unless of course Diggle ends up being a breeder, but I'm not seeing Ms. Diggle in a minivan either way.

Comment

Prius is a nice car, especially since you are city driving.

I remember misguided people giving me hell 5 years ago while complaining about the battery life of hybrids. I traded in a 2003 Honda hybrid in 2011 with 280.000 miles (a work car) and never had a problem with the battery... or major mechanical issues.

I may stick with a Prius in the future, but I will at least give a good close look at the hybrid Honda.

Comment

That Prius goes good with your Zima, socks pulled up to your knees, and weak ass jump shot.
                      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Pimpin' your momma in a drop top though.

Comment

I thought you were referencing SU residence halls

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
                          A Chevy Suburban in the city is pretty tough to park and fuel. A Ford Escape 4-Banger is perfectly reasonable and shorter than a Volvo station wagon.

Now an uparmored Chevy Suburban with optional anti-IED package and turret mount for a 7.62 minigun is perfectly reasonable in the city, if that city happens to be in Somalia.
                          There is some wiggle rooom for sure in those.

Comment

subaru

Can't go wrong with subaru outback or forester (with rainbow sticker model only).

Comment

We drove an Outback for our rental on our Wyoming vacation and I came away very impressed

Tons of room for a family and plenty of power in the mountains. Nice ride

Comment

Second the RAV4 reco

ours is still running fine - wifey drives it
                                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Working...
                                X