Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better upside Barkley or Foles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the better upside Barkley or Foles?

I say Nicky Floes. Barkley has the smarts, but not the physical tools. I watched this kid at USC for years. Not impressed, terrible during big games.

Nicky already understands the Charles Kelly offense. I also love that he can see over the offensive line with no issues.

I expect him to be starting sometime this year, because the dog killer will get injured. Its unavoidable.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

I thought Barkley looked like a better fit for Kelly's offense than Foles so far. He is quicker in all facets, decision making, throwing, eluding rush, throw motion, progression. I think Foles is a tough kid with a C arm, but he can take a hit...he has no deep ball strength at all though, all intermediate throws. Barkley may not have deep ball strength either, but he makes quicker reads and goes through progressions better so they just run quick slants and wr screens and focus on getting plays off fast so the d can't sub in.

Comment

brad johnson..i mean matt barkley...has a rag arm but it's possible they could make it work like tampa did if they get a really dominant defense.

also, i think foles is better at eluding the rush...he has that annoying ben rapistburger ability to get out of things because he's so big.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I have to admit that I've only watched the second preseason game. Barkley was good value for his draft position, but I'm hoping that he isn't the future.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by weizer View Post
          I thought Barkley looked like a better fit for Kelly's offense than Foles so far. He is quicker in all facets, decision making, throwing, eluding rush, throw motion, progression. I think Foles is a tough kid with a C arm, but he can take a hit...he has no deep ball strength at all though, all intermediate throws. Barkley may not have deep ball strength either, but he makes quicker reads and goes through progressions better so they just run quick slants and wr screens and focus on getting plays off fast so the d can't sub in.
          This is why DJack was happy with Chip Kelly's decision.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
            brad johnson..i mean matt barkley...has a rag arm but it's possible they could make it work like tampa did if they get a really dominant defense.

also, i think foles is better at eluding the rush...he has that annoying ben rapistburger ability to get out of things because he's so big.
            Much better pocket awareness than Vick for sure.

Comment

I think Vick is definitely the guy for this year, he has that big play potential with arm and legs, and he looks as though he has a CHIP on his shoulder for sure. As for the future, I will go with Barkley...very good player already will only get better.

Comment

Koy Detmer has a stronger arm than Barkley. Still. Even to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by weizer View Post
                  I think Vick is definitely the guy for this year, he has that big play potential with arm and legs, and he looks as though he has a CHIP on his shoulder for sure. As for the future, I will go with Barkley...very good player already will only get better.

I agree with you about Vick and this season. If he stays healthy, the offense will be "entertaining".

I disagree about Barkley being the future.

Comment

I have seen Foles take a lot of hits so far in his career, granted he gets up after all those hits which is cool, but he isn't doing much to elude these hits. He holds onto the ball too long, think he learned that from watching Vick last year. Barkley is different, he gets it out, QUICK...don't care if he has a Brad Johnson arm, didn't he win a super bowl dinking and dunking, making good decisions?

Comment

that's like saying dilfer won a superbowl.

that defense is the reason why he won...he was along for the ride. That defense could also make up for any mistakes that he would make.
                      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I wouldn't say that at all, totally different offense and expectations. I think the o-line will be much improved this year with 2 bookend Tackles(Lane Johnson and Peters are beasts) so whoever plays qb should have better protection.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                          I agree with you about Vick and this season. If he stays healthy, the offense will be "entertaining".

I disagree about Barkley being the future.
                          \

I agree as well.

Barkley just have a household name from a prestige USC. If he were that good why did he dropped to the 4th rd injury or not? Hell! Sanchez, Palmer, and Leinhart didn't even went that late.

Comment

2002 TB 13 281 451 62.3 3049 234.5 6.8 1 22 6 13 30 2.3 2.3 0 0 2

Brad Johnson Super Bowl Season
                            over 3,000 yards 22 tds, only 6 ints and had a solid playoffs as well, he didn't turn the ball over, which has as much to do with having a great defense as to why the Bucs won that super bowl.

Comment

[QUOTE=3rd & Inches;1713590 Barkley was good value for his draft position, but I'm hoping that he isn't the future.[/QUOTE]

My feelings exactly... The word that comes to mind when I see Barkley is serviceable, not All-pro.

Comment

Working...
                              X