SI 2013 Preview- Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SI 2013 Preview- Eagles

Andy Benoit does a solid job on all of these previews for MMQB, here is the one on the Eagles

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/22/philad...-2013-preview/

"If you’re in Go! Go! Go! mode, everything must inherently be simplified.

This includes the defense. No matter how well-coached a defense is, it will almost always default to static base looks against the hurry-up. There isn’t enough time for defenders to communicate coverage disguises or blitzes, let alone get themselves in position to execute those things. That’s why so many of Kelly’s play designs work: they’re being executed against a predictable foe
    "

my prediction: 15-1 record this year. Only regular season loss to the Chiefs, who the Eagles later beat in the Super Bowl.

Comment

Hahaha!

But seriously, this offensive personnel does seem perfect for his scheme.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I found this funny

The author tells about the Patriots success running a similar offense.

Then tells how the immobile Foles would simply not work in this offense

Uhmm just how mobile is Tom Fucking Brady -- sorry I still say gets the hook - not because hes injured just because hes sucking vs no vanilla defenses and his ability to make the reads make the throws will look as bad as it has in the past.

You tell me who looks more like Brady in real games - making the reads releasing the ball

There will be a huge amount of pressure on the qb at the line to make calls on the fly. Do you really think Vick is going to excel at this. I don't. I hope he does I hope has an All Pro season but I doubt that will be the case.

Comment

We get it already, you hate Vick you love Foles. This sounds similiar to your McNabb bashing days when you thought Kolb could come in and be the guy. I just hope you aren't hijacking threads like you were back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
            We get it already, you hate Vick you love Foles. This sounds similiar to your McNabb bashing days when you thought Kolb could come in and be the guy. I just hope you aren't hijacking threads like you were back then.
            I dont hate Vick i just think he will fail based on past performance. I Hope he has a great year. And I think the point concerning the authors comment about the Pats and later Foles was spot on.

This is a football board. I was responding to an interesting article about the Eagles. I thought this writer made a glaring mistake. Pardon me for pointing it out.

Comment

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
              I dont hate Vick i just think he will fail based on past performance. I Hope he has a great year. And I think the point concerning the authors comment about the Pats and later Foles was spot on.

This is a football board. I was responding to an interesting article about the Eagles. I thought this writer made a glaring mistake. Pardon me for pointing it out.
              Based on what you took away from the article I would recommend that you re-read it again.

Comment

Working...
              X