As uncertain as CB, S and ILB positions looks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As uncertain as CB, S and ILB positions looks

...at least I think the Marsh/Lindley and Chaney/Matthews area is about to come to an end. So tired of these guys hanging on and contributing nothing.

I wish I could say the same about the S position, but I fear Allen and Coleman are here for another year. They haven't necessarily earned it, but there is a severe lack of competition with Wolff not ready for prime time and a Vagiant cast-off medical reject.

There will be no studs on the waiver wire, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Chip and Ginger bring in new blood at CB, S and LB over the next week.

I have to agree about the waiver wire. Hopefully one or two studs will show up on it and surprise us or at least a few diamonds in the rough.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
      I wish I could say the same about the S position, but I fear Allen and Coleman are here for another year.
      Yeah, although I think it's safe to day our goodbyes to Kurt Coleman, at least.

He has proven his only value is as a Special Teams Player and he is still behind Colt Anderson in that regard.

The safeties will be Chung, Allen, Wolf and Anderson. Look for Coleman to latch on with the fat man in Kansas City.
      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Here's a question

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
        ...at least I think the Marsh/Lindley and Chaney/Matthews area is about to come to an end. So tired of these guys hanging on and contributing nothing.

I wish I could say the same about the S position, but I fear Allen and Coleman are here for another year. They haven't necessarily earned it, but there is a severe lack of competition with Wolff not ready for prime time and a Vagiant cast-off medical reject.

There will be no studs on the waiver wire, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Chip and Ginger bring in new blood at CB, S and LB over the next week.

If the Eagles could get a stud player at S via trade, would you be pissed at giving up a relatively high draft pick next year for that player?

My thinking is that unless Kelly thinks that guy is a long-term answer to the issue, he waits for next year's draft.

One final note: Jairus Byrd is definitely available, but I am genuinely worried about Asomugha/DRC part 2 with a trade like that.

Comment

Jarius Byrd

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          If the Eagles could get a stud player at S via trade, would you be pissed at giving up a relatively high draft pick next year for that player?

My thinking is that unless Kelly thinks that guy is a long-term answer to the issue, he waits for next year's draft.

One final note: Jairus Byrd is definitely available, but I am genuinely worried about Asomugha/DRC part 2 with a trade like that.
          Has many years left in his prime and is arguably the best safety in the NFL right now..

I know there's that contract stuff in Buffalo, but are they willing to trade him for anything less than a 1st round pick?

Comment

Working...
          X