PayPal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal

Weird hacking. I rarely use my PayPal account. Rarely means once every five years, if that. Went to the account recently to actually use it for something to discover it was locked by PayPal. Resolution was to send them a picture ID and a utility bill. Sounded like phishing so I called them.

Turns out that last year someone tried to log into my account from Syria. US companies are forbidden to do business with Syria so PayPal locked my account.

WTF!!! NSA has to be watching my old email account now. Am I paranoid?

My PayPal rarely has a balance. I would just deposit exact amount when I wanted to buy something, so the balance would remain at zero. Didn't lose any money but feel uneasy that I was hacked from a middle eastern, war torn country.

I guess it was a lesson in lazy password management.

yes sir..I had mine hacked in a similar way

They stole My email account password and changed my Paypal password. Sent the new One to my Email. Bingo!

Im on the PC alot throught the day..."addicted" and was on the phone with paypal 3 hrs after the change,,they had no time to steal anything..anything involving credit cards on the Net is a target. My pass is over 30 charaters long.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Same thing happened to me on StubHub

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
      Weird hacking. I rarely use my PayPal account. Rarely means once every five years, if that. Went to the account recently to actually use it for something to discover it was locked by PayPal. Resolution was to send them a picture ID and a utility bill. Sounded like phishing so I called them.

Turns out that last year someone tried to log into my account from Syria. US companies are forbidden to do business with Syria so PayPal locked my account.

WTF!!! NSA has to be watching my old email account now. Am I paranoid?

My PayPal rarely has a balance. I would just deposit exact amount when I wanted to buy something, so the balance would remain at zero. Didn't lose any money but feel uneasy that I was hacked from a middle eastern, war torn country.

I guess it was a lesson in lazy password management.
      They were also less than helpful. Especially troublesome after the hacker bought $1250 of tickets.
      Last edited by Pete; 08-24-2013, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X