Chip Was Left With An Absolute Fucking Mess Of a Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip Was Left With An Absolute Fucking Mess Of a Roster

Of course teams can turn it around overnight but not this sad bunch. Perfect example is KC who had Pro Bowlers all over the roster and still only won 2 games. It's a foregone conclusion that KC can be a winning team this season but the Eagles are a fucking mess especially on D. We have to give Chip a couple of seasons to clear out the scum. You can't turn this around in one season, it's going to take at least another season and maybe a 3rd to even consider being any kind of a contender.

To really turn the corner, they'll probably also need yet another DC. It seems like every team that moves on from Davis has a great D shortly after. Maybe he is a good guy to lay a foundation, and then let someone else make it thrive.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
      Of course teams can turn it around overnight but not this sad bunch. Perfect example is KC who had Pro Bowlers all over the roster and still only won 2 games. It's a foregone conclusion that KC can be a winning team this season but the Eagles are a fucking mess especially on D. We have to give Chip a couple of seasons to clear out the scum. You can't turn this around in one season, it's going to take at least another season and maybe a 3rd to even consider being any kind of a contender.
      A partial mess on defense, I will give you that. They need to concentrate on getting another starting safety to go with Chung and it appears two quality cbs. The D line is in a formation transition, lets see how it shakes out when the real games start. That front 7 I think is going to be better than most on this board realize.

Offense - I think they are in great shape - could be one of the top 5 offensive lines. Rbs are very solid - Wrs are in decent shape- Te additons i think will be a big lift this season - They will try hard to sign Maclin next year because his style of play is perfect for this offense. Qbs - despite the hate for Foles, I think Foles and Barkley provide good back ups to Vick who I hope thrives for a few years in this offense.

Anthony so in summation in my opinion its about the defense and getting better to really be in the thick of the playoff race.

I believe they do that by free agency and draft next season- concentrating on cb safety and Lb --- Still think reuniting Byrd with Chung (former team mates Oregon) would make very good sense next free agency, then going after cb and lb in the draft. Byrd is a pro bowler 4 yr vet that is pissed for not being signed long term. He is the best d player on his team. He is a piece like Dawkins a team can build around. He is your center fielder you can depend on. Oh well its a thought.

Anthony with that said I look forward to your Debbie Downer posts the rest of the season. They always give me a chuckle.

Comment

The lack of depth is astounding.

Gotta think that is why they cut so many players a day before tomorrow's deadline. They are gonna be poaching quite a few players tomorrow because this team is seriously lacking in talent at every position group except for QB, HB, TE and DL.
        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

This time you are dead right

Comment

So very true. I'm still hoping we can pick up a few guys on D with the cuts that will help, but realistically next year is the year I expect to see a big improvement on the field, not this season.

Comment

Absolutely correct.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
              X