Matthews is a good special teams player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthews is a good special teams player

Better than the rookies they let go. That's why he made the team. People don't want to hear it, but it's true.

It's also clear to everyone that they are going to pick up some other team's casualties over the next several days. Some of the guys still on the roster are not safe.

Clay Harbor was a good special teamer too. Didn't play for Chip at Oregon though.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Jeff Maehl made the team also.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        Jeff Maehl made the team also.
        Yeah, I saw that. But he had a decent showing against the Jets, didn't he? Seems more justifiable than Matthews over McCoy.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          Clay Harbor was a good special teamer too. Didn't play for Chip at Oregon though.
          Harbor is not as good on ST's as Matthews. I guess people hold it against Matthews that Castillo started him straight away a few years ago. Not his fault. The guy is a really good ST player and might be on the roster for another five years in that capacity. Nothing wrong with it.

I don't hold it against him that he isn't his brother. He never was and never will be. Doesn't make him a useless member of the team.

Comment

Matthews over McCoy sucks. Matthews has no upside whatsoever.

I'm not totally pissed off about Chip being loyal though.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that. But he had a decent showing against the Jets, didn't he? Seems more justifiable than Matthews over McCoy.
              Maehl had more catches in one game than Shepard and the tall guy had in all four games combined.

I like him. Our Wes Welker type. Maehl is the reason Harbor got cut. Harbor could have been a tweener, but Maehl made him unnecessary.

Comment

I don't mind it so much.

He's not a rookie and he caught a bunch of possession type of balls against the Jets, and the other guys aren't clearly better.

However, it smells a bit of duck, considering his late arrival in camp and the other guys aren't that much worse.

Comment

Fredo looked like he was on drugs when he got extended play time against the Jets.

McCoy dominated.

Comment

No

Clay Harbor was a good special teamer too..
                    He wasn't. Just because he did it doesn't mean he was any good at it...

Comment

I'll watch the game in a few minutes and will probably get upset then... fuck....

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                        Matthews over McCoy sucks. Matthews has no upside whatsoever.

I'm not totally pissed off about Chip being loyal though.
                        If he clears waivers (and he probably will) McCoy will be on the PS. He reminds me of Akeem Jordan. Good guy to have around as a backup/st player. But some of you are overhyping what he can do. He was undrafted for a reason.

If memory serves, Jordan was cut and brought back a couple of times before he finally stuck.

edit: Didn't realize McCoy was drafted by Miami in 2010. Makes it worse. Bounced around for three years not making any NFL team. Went to Canada. He's nothing special. Just had more NFL camp experience than some others. Still might be PS material, but don't expect much. He's not getting any younger and might be nearing the end of his dream.
                        Last edited by The Ref; 08-31-2013, 05:14 PM.

Comment

What about him makes him a good

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                          Harbor is not as good on ST's as Matthews. I guess people hold it against Matthews that Castillo started him straight away a few years ago. Not his fault. The guy is a really good ST player and might be on the roster for another five years in that capacity. Nothing wrong with it.

I don't hold it against him that he isn't his brother. He never was and never will be. Doesn't make him a useless member of the team.
                          special teams player?
                          You think its a joke!?!

Comment

McCoy ain't shit either. Lingered in Cfl For 2 years. If he turns into anything spectacular I'd be shocked.

Comment

I dunno Matty or McCoy...id take the latter

Kelly keeping his boys around,,,Salas should have made the team over Mahel..WTF is that..he must know something we all don"t
                              Last edited by TRENT; 08-31-2013, 05:41 PM.
                              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                              "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                              X