Waiver Wire Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver Wire Process

Something I gleaned from the Official board.

I thought each team could make one selection before preceding to the next team. Also, it's not a draft layout where you know which players were selected in front of you.

"The other benefit of the high draft pick is a good spot in the line for waiver-wire claims. The only challenge is that the three teams ahead - Kansas City, Jacksonville and Oakland - can put in as many claims as they want as long as they can accommodate the player or players on the 53-man roster. As much as the Eagles prepare, they'll have to sweat out what the teams ahead of them do - just like during the draft."

"Claims are due to the league office by Noon on Sunday. The Eagles will learn shortly after if they've been awarded any of the players. Roseman explained that the Eagles are also using some of the final roster spots on players who can provide a particular skill set."
    Last edited by Drama Queen; 09-01-2013, 10:20 AM. Reason: edit to add

I just looked at the roster and I think the Eagles would have the willingness to turn 8-10 players. I don't think they'll find that many on the waiver wire.

They could find 4-5. Depending on what teams in front of them do.

Note: KC and Oakland have a 3-4 alignment. Jaguars have a 4-3 alignment.

Comment

According to PFT.com, the Jags claimed 7 off of waivers.

Comment

Working...
      X