X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reid gave Howie all the praise for Watkins pick after the pick

FWIW

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013...1-draft-class/

Philadelphia media likes to stir things, but when it comes to tough questions, you don't get them. I guess they worry more about future access to the Eagles.

Someone should throw this quote in Howie's face: “Howie had this guy, right from the get-go, at the top. This was a guy that he really wanted and liked,” said Reid.

...and then ask him to comment on it.

Comment

Look at the Def players other teams snagged in that draft! That draft set the dream team back 4 years.

1st-4th round picks make me naucious. How can you fuck up a draft any worse than they did?

Comment

Whoever ultimately made the decision on Watkins, Howie's group was responsible for the due diligence on the bum.

Comment

Yep. Reid's day to day is coaching. Howie and his guys bring him their list of guys they have scouted and want him to consider.

They turned him on to Watkins, not vice versa.

Comment

gotta have a new target to hate or it wouldn't be igglephans.

Howie. Your turn.

If Chip Kelly eventually wins a super bowl, it will be despite Howie's ineptitude. If he fails to win a super bowl, it will be because of.

Welcome to your new role.

Hate on, Igglephans. Hate on.

Comment

That doesn't change the fact that Howie is clearly accountable for the Twatkins, according to the Reid statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                according to the Reid statement.
                clear as can be

Comment

Reid said that at the time they drafted Watkins. You think he was lying?

Comment

I just find it nauseating he refuses to take any responsibility at all for the Watkins pick.

Weasel tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                      gotta have a new target to hate or it wouldn't be igglephans.

Howie. Your turn.

If Chip Kelly eventually wins a super bowl, it will be despite Howie's ineptitude. If he fails to win a super bowl, it will be because of.

Welcome to your new role.

Hate on, Igglephans. Hate on.
                      Its not about hate its about accountability. If you want to criticize anyone maybe you should look to jeff lurie instead of the fans. Lurie is the one who lied and tried to rewrite history by claiming roseman wasnt responsible for the epic fail that was the 2011 draft.

I dont hate roseman. I think he has done some good things. But to absolve him from blame for a total and complete fuckup pretty much makes you a lemming.
                      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

you know if a fire had broken out in the locker room in the last couple seasons, the eagles would have looked pretty damn smart having watkins around to organize the response. maybe he's the reason there hasn't been one.
                        Last edited by Maniac; 09-01-2013, 04:53 PM.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

And you know that if Twatkins HAD turned out to be the balls, Howie would step over his own grandmother to take credit. Jeez, he daily crows about the last two drafts which, as near I can tell, include a bunch of players who really haven't done dick in the NFL so far.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                            And you know that if Twatkins HAD turned out to be the balls, Howie would step over his own grandmother to take credit.
                            Howie studied under the best self-promoter in the NFL.

Somebody tell me how Roseman is an improvement over Banner.
                            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                            X