Fake Injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Injuries

This is going to be an ongoing theme as the season goes on. How to deal with obvious fake injuries to slow down the offense. They get away with calling it "cramps". PAC 12 teams did it to Oregon for five years.

I don't know how the NFL can regulate fake injuries. Some guys really do get hurt. But man, it is often so transparent that the injury is fake. Washington had a guy last night who was untouched on a play and went down with an "ankle".

It's gonna suck.

They should have to wait X amount of minutes (clock time) to re-enter the game.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

One guy went to the ground from being blocked, started to get up, looked over to the sideline and then immediately put his head back down like he was hurt, it was blatantly obvious.

I saw an article on PFT that had Urlacher in it saying they designated a player on defense to be their fake injury player if they knew no-huddle, hurry-up offense was coming. A coach on the sideline would yell "SCUBA" and that guy knew it was time to take a dive.

Comment

I could hear Eagles players yelling "he's faking he's faking" on TV last night after their first DT fell to the ground (2 qtr I believe)

Comment

Working...
        X