Couple things I noticed about the pressers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple things I noticed about the pressers

The obvious thing is that Chip is engaging, and funny and really upbeat. I expected that from what I've seen since the hire. He might not give up much more info than Reid did, but he's honest. For example, today, talking about Vick's style of play and the toll it takes on his body, Kelly was frank (paraphrasing): "We can talk about it all we want to but he's 33. I can't see him changing at this point. He's not going to be hook-sliding."

The other thing is both alst night's and today's pressers seemed to be better attended and more competitive. Lots of shouting by media types to try to get the next question in. That hardly ever happened with Reid.
    Chip joked about that, saying "doesn't it annoy you when you guys talk over each other?"

He also told a reporter "You only get one question," and called on another guy.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

It's real refreshing

No more "I have to do a better job crap"

Comment

He actually said that twice today

Not sure if that was an intentional goof or what.

I should also note the obvious...that its a lot easier to be good in these things when you win and who knows what he'll be like after a butt-ugly loss.
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

I liked this one from last night

And after it was over, when asked if it was what he thought it would feel like, Kelly said, "No, it's what I hoped it would feel like. That's what makes it so special."
        The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

I will give Chip some slack since it's his first NFL presser

But 14 yrs × 16 games not including play offs and pres season = 224 times of saying it is torture. I think Kelly will be different

Comment

Working...
          X