9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11

RIP victims, and comfort to their families and friends and to all affected.

Thoughts are with those of you in NYC and DC as you go about your day, which can't be very easy today.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

I'll always remember

That this board is where I first found out what was going on. It was between my morning college classes and I hadn't checked any TV or anything prior to logging on here.

Comment

Agreed.

most fucked up day ever. I'll never forget it.

can't believe it's been 12 years already.

Comment

Can't believe that it is 12 years ago myself. I own a golf course here with my parents and I was in the clubhouse that morning watching what was unfolding, hard to describe the feeling. A member came in with two guests from Albany and I told them that they should look at the tv. They were unaware of what was going on in NYC. I will never forget the look on those two gentlemen's faces. They watched for a few minutes, left and didn't say a word.

I am not one to pray but my thoughts go out to all of those directly and indirectly affected by 9/11.
        Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

To this day, anytime there is a weather is clear and dry and comfortable, and the sky is blue, I think, "this is a September 11 kind of day." I'm afraid I'll always think that.

Sometimes, when the sky is blue and clear and cloudless, I hate it. I know that sounds fucked up, but that's how I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLESHEAD View Post
            That this board is where I first found out what was going on. It was between my morning college classes and I hadn't checked any TV or anything prior to logging on here.
            Exact same story here man. I read on here, flipped on the TV right as the second tower was hitting

Comment

RIP to everyone who lost their lives in that tragic day. And thoughts to our troops here and abroad.

Comment

I was stationed at Ramstein AB on that day. I couldn't believe what was happening. For the first 10 minutes, I thought it was a movie. So many lives lost.
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I was waking up the day after a surgery and I had some painkillers in my system. I thought it was a crazy realistic movie.

Comment

Working...
                  X