Two things I would like to ask.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two things I would like to ask.

1.) If the success of this offense/players continues, at what point do we say wow the past few bad years were all because of the horrible coaching staff, and does it ever get to the point where we say McCoy/Jackson/Maclin/Vick had wasted years because of it. Remember there was a time where some us weren't blaming the coaching we were blaming the players saying they were "done" and "washed up".

2.) More of a statement, but when the off-season rolls around and we lose some players and coaches to different teams, I think it hurts us a lot more with Chip's system then it would another system when it comes to players/coaches leaking old team info to their new team. Other teams would know exactly what the picture boards and hand signals meant.
    "But again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look in the mirror."

The coaching can be blamed for a lot of issues, but Vick can and should be as well. The team is gonna win some games this year with him, but if they really want the Super Bowl, they need to find someone else for the future.

The signals and pictures is a non-issue. Those things can be changed for, season to season. Also too, while they help, they're not as important as in college, as the QB has a headset in his helmet.

Comment

All it will take

Originally posted by ReidsArmy View Post
      1.) If the success of this offense/players continues, at what point do we say wow the past few bad years were all because of the horrible coaching staff, and does it ever get to the point where we say McCoy/Jackson/Maclin/Vick had wasted years because of it. Remember there was a time where some us weren't blaming the coaching we were blaming the players saying they were "done" and "washed up".

2.) More of a statement, but when the off-season rolls around and we lose some players and coaches to different teams, I think it hurts us a lot more with Chip's system then it would another system when it comes to players/coaches leaking old team info to their new team. Other teams would know exactly what the picture boards and hand signals meant.
      is just one half-assed effort from one of FF's guys on offense to turn the conversation back to the need for getting rid of his roster remnants. It's already evident that the players have bought in to Chip's ideas, but let's see what happens when things don't go so well. We might be saying "you can't polish a turd."

Comment

They played one good half against a rusty QB. All I hear is how this offense is going to wear down defenses. I saw a QB already limping around after the first week and a tired RB asking for less carries. Odds are they both won't last the season. The defense still stinks. The jury's still out.

Comment

Working...
        X