Why the rush to assign blame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the rush to assign blame?

This team didn't win five games last year. Rookie head coach.

If you aren't taking the glass is half full approach this season you are in for a long, real fucking long season.

-I saw halftime adjustments by Kelly and the offense

-I saw Vick with a lot of passing and zero turnovers

-I saw Djax become a real part of this offense again

- I saw Vick run with the ball smartly

Baby steps. We beat Washington last week and now we are going to the SB? Pssstt...please.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post

If you aren't taking the glass is half full approach this season you are in for a long, real fucking long season.

Baby steps. We beat Washington last week and now we are going to the SB? Pssstt...please.
    Agreed you can not expect alot this season with this D. It is good to see them taking steps in the right direction though.

Comment

Did you see that shit show on defense?

Comment

We knew the defense would be shit this year, and we knew the one thing we needed to see was big time improvement on offense. So far there's real optimism. Today sucks but we all knew how it would end when SD got the ball last.

Comment

Perfectly stated

We knew the defense blew....They need personnel changes. The offense is dynamic, and will keep us in a lot of games this year we otherwise shouldn't be.

This loss won't hurt much if we can find a way to win on Thurs.

Comment

Eagles fans... overreaction is in our nature. It's going to be like this all season... and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I did and I wasn't surprised. Why were you? Wait...you thought they were going to be good?
              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I agree 100%

A lot to be encouraged about, this group has some fire in its belly, and certainly not boring or predictable....it's already an improved group.

Kelly is doing more with less than FF ever could have
                "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

yep. after last year especially

Still first place in the division
                  "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I did and I wasn't surprised. Why were you? Wait...you thought they were going to be good?
                    Good no, I thought they would look better than Northwestern on a bad day. They did not. Everyone in that secondary is a virus.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                      We knew the defense would be shit this year, and we knew the one thing we needed to see was big time improvement on offense. So far there's real optimism. Today sucks but we all knew how it would end when SD got the ball last.

Yep. We all have been waiting for Chip's offense and it seems to be working so far. This season is going to be fun to watch because I have no real expectations. Next year is a whole different story.

Comment

Agreed.

Although I hope the defense isn't this painful to watch all season.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                          Agreed.

Although I hope the defense isn't this painful to watch all season.
                          This defense is brutal. Its brutal on the field and brutal to watch. They had no chance today. They will need a lot of turnovers

Comment

It will be. It might be easier just to turn the channel when the Iggs are on defense.

Comment

It will be. It might be easier just to turn the channel when the Iggs are on defense.
                              The Eagles were lucky with the turnovers to even be close in the game. Those were more on the chargers screwing up then the Eagles D making a play.

Comment

Working...
                              X