I Can't Blame Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Can't Blame Chip

They are not winning the Super Bowl this year anyway so if he feels he needs to play hurry up and score on that last drive and feels that's the best way to play his game so be it. Someday he will have a decent Defense and by that point it hopefully will work out. Putting myself in his shoes you have to think you would get 7 and have a 4 point lead and also have to eventually believe your D can hold regardless. If the D doesn't get better he can score with 40 seconds left and it still may not be enough.

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
    They are not winning the Super Bowl this year anyway so if he feels he needs to play hurry up and score on that last drive and feels that's the best way to play his game so be it. Someday he will have a decent Defense and by that point it hopefully will work out. Putting myself in his shoes you have to think you would get 7 and have a 4 point lead and also have to eventually believe your D can hold regardless. If the D doesn't get better he can score with 40 seconds left and it still may not be enough.
    Huh? You can use some clock and still get 7 there but if you happen to only get 3 then it makes it much more difficult for a team to get into fg range w 40 secs instead of 1:50.

Comment

Finally, a sane post.

Sounds like you went away and got some treatment
      You think its a joke!?!

Comment

the way he plays up tempo now they may not be able to score 7 if they go slower. this is Chip's way. Under normal circumstances I agree to slow it down but that's not going to be the way they will play it all the time. Also with 40 seconds left they still kick the FG. Did you see that D?

Originally posted by Hurricane Dean View Post
        Huh? You can use some clock and still get 7 there but if you happen to only get 3 then it makes it much more difficult for a team to get into fg range w 40 secs instead of 1:50.
        Last edited by Anthony; 09-15-2013, 08:22 PM.

Comment

the way he plays up tempo now they may not be able to score 7 if they go slower. this is Chip's way. Under normal circumstances I agree to slow it down but that's not going to be the way they will play it all the time. Also with 40 seconds left they still kick the FG. Did you see that D?
          Well if that is the case expect some more losses from Chip and the Eagles. This isn't NCAA college football. You have to be smart on how to channel a game despite your gimmick fast tempo strategy.

Comment

That's stupid.
            Last edited by slag; 09-15-2013, 11:43 PM.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

If you're so married to hurry up that you have no legit ability to score a TD from 14 fucking yards away with 2 minutes left and eating some clock while trying to do it with a FG in the bag, you don't belong in the motherfucking league.

Shit, you don't belong in a high school league.
              Last edited by slag; 09-15-2013, 11:42 PM.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                If you're so married to hurry up that you have no legit ability to score a TD from 14 fucking yards away with 2 minutes left and eating some clock while trying to do it with a FG in the bag, you don't belong in the motherfucking league.

Shit, you don't belong in a high school league.
                That's true.

You have to eat up some clock on that last drive the way your D has been playing when you are either going for the tie or the win.

You do not leave 1:54 on the clock for Rivers at all when they only needed a FG against that shitty D. That was all Chip Kelly on that clock management. It reminded me of FF on that one.

Comment

Working...
                X