I just don't understand the lack of pass rush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just don't understand the lack of pass rush

I mean its Phillip Rivers. He can sling it but he's not exactly elusive. I've seen nothing from this Square kid. At least Curry got some pressure in the PS. They need some kinda pass rush or else people are going to continue to abuse our secondary all day long.
    I really like Kendrick's but he was terrible today. Gates really abused him. Lastly I'd rather see Kurt Coleman over pursue and miss tackles than watch one more second of Nate Allen.

King Dunlap was their starting LT.

And the eagles DL wasn't in rivers asshole face all day?!!

I'm speechless.

Comment

There was constant pressure from the outside but all he had to do was step up in the pocket and he was fine. I'd like to see Vinny Curry > Cedric Thorton and Bennie Logan > Isaac Sopoaga at least in passing situations...

Comment

48 drop backs. 1 sack.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

King Dunlap would hardly be the first offensive lineman who didn't learn how to block until he left the Eagles.

Comment

I don't think the Eagles could substitute much: the Chargers were pretty much using a no-huddle. it seems that there are minimal substitution under those circumstances.

Not sure I understand them but it seems that the defense can't substitute unless the offense does.

I'm not saying that substituting other personnel would have helped because the DBs and Safeties are really playing poorly and the rush is almost non-existent.

Comment

It was a 3 step drop going against a porous Defense. The blitz was non-existent.

Comment

I dont care who you have rushing or blitzing the passer the problem is bigger.

You cant have a consistent pass rush with guys WIDE open all over the field. Cover a little better and Rivers has to hold the ball 2 more seconds, or move a little... then you disrupt things.

There was never even a remote threat that Eagles secondary would make a play on the ball.

Comment

We should run a 5-4-2. Fuck safeties anyway.
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Our defense needs to improve for us to have a chance at winning games. Offense looks good as long as we don't let the other team score over 30 points!

Most of the time, our guys are confused on who to cover! That's on the coach. Hire a real defensive guy and maybe we can turn our D into an average D?

Comment

At the end of the day it boils down to talent.

The Eagles have none on that front 7 maybe outside of Cox, Kendricks, and Ryans. The other 4 guys are mediocre at best.

Comment

How many DC's do we need to go through before we realize that this defense sucks? Boykin, Cox, Cole, Kendricks and Ryans are the only good defensive players. Give Gamble some time to bring in some players for Davis to fit in to his scheme.

You don't need a team of All-Pros, but you need players that fit what the DC wants to do. I'd say 2 years before this defense is serviceable.
                        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Working...
                        X