Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok - not perfect but I guess I have to take it

Kelly on WIP this morning:

"I was trying to score; that's all on me, that's my call," Kelly said. "I didn't want it to leave it in the hands of, it's a tie ballgame. If you score, you're up four. You got to drive a length of the field to try to score a touchdown. When you look at it in hindsight, maybe we should have bled the clock and not giving them enough time to come down and do it. You learn from those situations."

What I do not get is Kelly and some of the media having the view that scoring a TD and bleeding the clock were mutually exclusive.

They aren't.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Yeah, although I'm still confident that this defense would've found a way to lose that game.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Chip's not stupid. He knows he did wrong, and more importantly he knows the players know he did wrong. He'll learn.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
        Chip's not stupid. He knows he did wrong, and more importantly he knows the players know he did wrong. He'll learn.
        My thing is what is there to learn from that? It was basic common sense. Any fan or poster on this board could've saw this a mile away what was going to take place.

Comment

They're not mutually exclusive, but I'd guess that he meant to say he was trying to score the way that he scores. The hurry up was working and he decided not to change his strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            They're not mutually exclusive, but I'd guess that he meant to say he was trying to score the way that he scores. The hurry up was working and he decided not to change his strategy.
            That game unfolded through the Coach's myopic view of his overall game plan.

Lets hope this loss is Chip's last, in this manner, and he takes constructive criticism as it is intended.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
              Kelly on WIP this morning:

"I was trying to score; that's all on me, that's my call," Kelly said. "I didn't want it to leave it in the hands of, it's a tie ballgame. If you score, you're up four. You got to drive a length of the field to try to score a touchdown. When you look at it in hindsight, maybe we should have bled the clock and not giving them enough time to come down and do it. You learn from those situations."

What I do not get is Kelly and some of the media having the view that scoring a TD and bleeding the clock were mutually exclusive.

They aren't.
              We talked about this a lot on the way back last night, but I'm even more upset after thinking about it more overnight.

Barring penalties, the Eagles had at most 7 downs left to run from that down and distance, and more likely 4 if they don't get the first without scoring. It should be easy to fit 7 plays in with two minutes left and three timeouts. It's going to be either 4 plays or 7.

You keep one timeout in your pocket so you can always call the TO and kick the FG if time is running out. That's the best case scenario! You also know SD is going to use their TOs if you don't. You WANT them to do that.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

So what you're saying is that

I'm even more legit?
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I'm even more legit?
                  2 legit 2 quit.
                  --------

Comment

I'm even more legit?
                    One other things, if you make SD burn timeouts, you force them to stay towards the sidelines. The Eagles were terrible defending the middle of the field yesterday.
                    --------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                      One other things, if you make SD burn timeouts, you force them to stay towards the sidelines. The Eagles were terrible defending the middle of the field yesterday.
                      They were terrible defending the sideline too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                        They were terrible defending the sideline too.
                        It's easier to defend the sidelines when you don't have to worry about the middle of the field so much.
                        --------

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                          They were terrible defending
                          There, fixed that for you.

Comment

Working...
                          X