Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty sure the loss of Maclin isn't holding back the passing game too much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty sure the loss of Maclin isn't holding back the passing game too much.

Just sayin'.

Replaceable.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

I know that the Chargers were trying to stop McCoy but playing Jackson without dedicated safety help up top should have been suicidal.

Sal Pal said on Friday that the most important man in that offense is Jackson, because if defenses keep a safety back then they will lose run support on McCoy, and if they don't keep a safety back Jackson will have days like yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      I know that the Chargers were trying to stop McCoy but playing Jackson without dedicated safety help up top should have been suicidal.

Sal Pal said on Friday that the most important man in that offense is Jackson, because if defenses keep a safety back then they will lose run support on McCoy, and if they don't keep a safety back Jackson will have days like yesterday.
      Don't get me wrong. Maclin, when healthy (emphasis on "when healthy") can be a good cog in the Eagles offense. But he's not an essential cog. He's more like a replaceable cog. McCoy and Jackson are the keys.
      --------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        Don't get me wrong. Maclin, when healthy (emphasis on "when healthy") can be a good cog in the Eagles offense. But he's not an essential cog. He's more like a replaceable cog. McCoy and Jackson are the keys.
        My thoughts on it are this. Maclin is replaceable, but not by cooper. When they play a more rounded defense that doesn't have to cheat to at least keep shady in check, than they are going to miss him. There aren't many of these defenses around but it will surface against better teams. If a team, say sf played with a safety over jackson, I think this offense would sputter considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
          My thoughts on it are this. Maclin is replaceable, but not by cooper. When they play a more rounded defense that doesn't have to cheat to at least keep shady in check, than they are going to miss him. There aren't many of these defenses around but it will surface against better teams. If a team, say sf played with a safety over jackson, I think this offense would sputter considerably.
          I think Maclin is about Charles Johnson when CJ played for the Eagles good. I agree Maclin is better than Cooper.
          --------

Comment

Maclin and cooper

I think Maclin is about Charles Johnson when CJ played for the Eagles good. I agree Maclin is better than Cooper.
            Are world apart. Cooper is like never open. It's a jump ball or nothing. He is a good blocker but he's pretty much sucks. This can honestly be a super bowl caliber offense but it's sliding doors. By the time the defense is rebuilt we don't know what the offense will be. Vick CAN be great but he wont. I don't think his successor is here yet. I do like what kelly is about. I don't care about tempo and bs, I like that he actually draws up plays and gains an advantage. He singles players out and makes them pick how they are going to get beat. I really believe he can do amazing things I just hope he sticks around.

Comment

Not having Maclin around may become a factor as the season progresses and DJax wears down.

Maclin may be replaceable but not by anybody on the roster. Cooper and Avant are nothing more than placeholders.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Just sayin'.

Replaceable.
                Disagree. After two games it's now clear to me that the birds would be even more impressive offensively if Maclin were opposite Jackson. Avant will make some plays but will drop passes when it matters most. Cooper is a backup. The rest are scrubs you don't want to need.

Put another way -- and bite tongues, knock on organic substances, what have you, but if Jackson is lost for the season or significant time, they are completely fucked.

Basically Maclin is far and away the 2nd best WR on the current roster. Maybe next year they'll draft another good one. Until then, they do need to re sign Maclin.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                  Disagree. After two games it's now clear to me that the birds would be even more impressive offensively if Maclin were opposite Jackson. Avant will make some plays but will drop passes when it matters most. Cooper is a backup. The rest are scrubs you don't want to need.

Put another way -- and bite tongues, knock on organic substances, what have you, but if Jackson is lost for the season or significant time, they are completely fucked.

Basically Maclin is far and away the 2nd best WR on the current roster. Maybe next year they'll draft another good one. Until then, they do need to re sign Maclin.
                  I understand and agree with what you are saying here, but the problem as I see it is depth at the position. It's not like Maclin is an incredible loss as a #1 WR.

The problem is yet once again Reid (FF) left the table bare at WR depth wise.
                  --------

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                    Not having Maclin around may become a factor as the season progresses and DJax wears down.

Maclin may be replaceable but not by anybody on the roster. Cooper and Avant are nothing more than placeholders.
                    I agree with this post.
                    --------

Comment

I'm probably the only Predator fluffer. I think his downfield blocking is excellent. I think he would have more receptions if he is thrown to more. He does get open. On his TD reception, he was wide open the play before, and I knew he came back to the huddle and said something to Vick.
                      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

very good point about Jax wearing down...

Comment

Jackson won't continue to average 150 yards a week. While he's more valuable than Maclin, I would LOVE to see Maclin in this offense.

the worst thing about Maclin's injury is that it confirms what we already knew. He'll never live up to his potential. He's worlds better than guys like Cooper. Dude took over the Atlanta game in 11. But his full potential has never been reached.

Comment

There's a lot to get on about Reid's roster but the NFL only allows you 53.

I can't think of a team with more than 2 top WR's ... you can't pay more of them.

The Niners have Crabtree (currently injured) and now Bolton, but what's on their roster after that?

Who's so great after Megatron on Detroit ... Nate Burleson?

If Green went down in Cincy, they're fucked.

etc etc
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Apparently the Eagles currently have the league's leading WR and RB. It'd be scary seeing a guy like Mike Wallace across from DJax, though.
                              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Working...
                              X