Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times do we have to be reminded

Guns and Nutjobs don't mix well.

Unfortunately we have a lot of Guns and a lot of Nutjobs in this country.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Can't really argue it anymore. I love my right, but wtf...

Comment

He discharged a firearm in an Apt in Fort Worth

Failed a psych eval

But wth, who needs universal background checks..

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
        Can't really argue it anymore. I love my right, but wtf...
        Not sure what you can do except to try to stop these incidents before they happen.

It appears this time the guy may have obtained the main weapon he used after he started his attack, so that kind of illustrates a problem with armed guards and weapons at schools, etc.

Hell, two bystanders were shot by cops in Times Square last Saturday night by cops. The cops were shooting at some guy "armed" with a Metrocard. Of course they missed the guy, and Times Square being as crowded as it is, the bystanders took the bullets.

That says something to me about the way they are training our police these days. It's like they are military and bystanders are collateral damage. I can't help but think that back in the day cops would have tried to take the guy down using a billy club or something like that instead of shooting first.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Nationwide database of incidents like this may have stopped him from buying a gun

Seattle police released details late Monday of another shooting incident in 2004 in which Alexis shot the rear tires of a vehicle owned by a construction worker doing work in his neighborhood. Alexis told police he had an anger-fueled "blackout," but added that he felt he had been "mocked" and "disrespected" by the workers.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ngton/2824793/

Comment

As Long As Politicians Kneel Down Before The Great God NRA...

...nothing will change.
            "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

EDITED

EDITED FOR IG-itis
              Last edited by Irish George; 09-17-2013, 12:30 PM. Reason: IG itis
              Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
              May 7, 2010

Comment

Doubtful

Latest report I read is that he legally purchased the shotgun in VA last week. VA requires extensive national database checks prior to taking legal possession of the gun and apparently nothing showed up. If the Navy had given him a dishonorable discharge, however, that would have disqualified him...
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Damn

When I was in law enforcement NCIC was terrible, apparently it hasn't improved much in 10 years.

What about mental evals on these background checks? Need to start pulling them

Comment

the only mental health disqualifications

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
                    Damn

When I was in law enforcement NCIC was terrible, apparently it hasn't improved much in 10 years.

What about mental evals on these background checks? Need to start pulling them
                    Are involuntary commitment to a looney bin or court declaration of mentally unfit
                    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Working...
                    X