How will Sex Panther ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will Sex Panther ....

...let his ass overload his mouth when interviewed for the jersey retirement???

You just know he will have some "woe is me" BS to throw out there.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
    ...let his ass overload his mouth when interviewed for the jersey retirement???

You just know he will have some "woe is me" BS to throw out there.

Will there be booing? Probably. He's gonna make some passive-aggressive statement about the fans.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I'm sure there will be a minority of folks who boo and it'll hurt his feelings.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

1:2 odds he brings up the dirty thirty.

On that note, can cataldi just leave?

Comment

never have and never will understand the mcnabb bashing. from the moment he was drafted, Philly fans have pissed on him.

Funny thing is, now that he's working in LA I have media friends who have gotten to know him working side by side. The surprising thing they tell me is how much he still loves Philly. The city. The fans. The team. Privately, the guy bleeds green.

In the end, I'm not surprised that the fans in town shit on him. Bitterness runs deep even for the best QB in franchise history.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
            never have and never will understand the mcnabb bashing. from the moment he was drafted, Philly fans have pissed on him.

In the end, I'm not surprised that the fans in town shit on him. Bitterness runs deep even for the best QB in franchise history.
            Most people think McNabb was a very good QB. Most QBs have flaws and McNabb's were very evident at the highest levels of the game.

Comment

A salty bunch.

Comment

You ought to know. You blasted the Eagles for drafting him.

Comment

It's not hard to understand

Originally posted by The Ref View Post

Funny thing is, now that he's working in LA I have media friends who have gotten to know him working side by side. The surprising thing they tell me is how much he still loves Philly. The city. The fans. The team. Privately, the guy bleeds green.

Almost every Eagles fan has respect for what McNabb gave on the field. But we also like a stand-up guy and McNabb has been anything but. He and TO should have spent two or three more record-breaking years together. McNabb plays as big a role in that not happing as TO did. Stand up and admit your mistakes and be the bigger man knowing you are dealing with a talented head case in TO.
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

Air guitar ... fine, I'm in that tent.

Owens?

No.

McNabb is way down the list of responsibility for that bullshit.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Can we just lay off this dude already ?

The guy got this team closest to a Super Bowl than anyone NOT named Jaworski, yet he gets killed all the time, and for what ? For speaking up for himself when he thought he needed too ? The guy was a model citizen and a damn good qb who played with shit wr's and played hurt until he couldn't play any more. Cut the guy a break. What did he ever do that was so god awful that he deserves this much hate ?
                      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                        The guy got this team closest to a Super Bowl than anyone NOT named Jaworski, yet he gets killed all the time, and for what ? For speaking up for himself when he thought he needed too ? The guy was a model citizen and a damn good qb who played with shit wr's and played hurt until he couldn't play any more. Cut the guy a break. What did he ever do that was so god awful that he deserves this much hate ?

I don't think anybody is bashing him with hate in this thread. He was the best quarterback in franchise history. But there was a trend of him and the whole team coming up small in the biggest moments. QB gets all the credit and all the blame. McNabb now has the burden of shouldering all the "non superbowl winning seasons" because he was the one under center.

I didn't mind the smiling on the sidline.

I didn't mind the chest pound "my bad".

I did mind that he would rather practice in Arizona instead of getting all the receivers together.

I did mind him refusing to run.
                        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I agree with this for the most part

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                          I don't think anybody is bashing him with hate in this thread. He was the best quarterback in franchise history. But there was a trend of him and the whole team coming up small in the biggest moments. QB gets all the credit and all the blame. McNabb now has the burden of shouldering all the "non superbowl winning seasons" because he was the one under center.

I didn't mind the smiling on the sidline.

I didn't mind the chest pound "my bad".

I did mind that he would rather practice in Arizona instead of getting all the receivers together.

I did mind him refusing to run.
                          He could train on the moon as far as I'm concerned, just don't come into camp out of shape. I DID hate the fact that he didn't run. He started listening to the "experts" who dubbed him a running quarterback, and tried to change what made him great in the first place.
                          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                            Almost every Eagles fan has respect for what McNabb gave on the field. But we also like a stand-up guy and McNabb has been anything but. He and TO should have spent two or three more record-breaking years together. McNabb plays as big a role in that not happing as TO did. Stand up and admit your mistakes and be the bigger man knowing you are dealing with a talented head case in TO.
                            Couldn't disagree more. The quarterback is in no way responsible for managing a head case teammate. That's the responsibility of the coaches and front office, which they tried to do. When they couldn't, they cut him.

You didn't see any QB managing Moss. Big Ben didn't control Wallace, etc, etc. Prima Donna WRs are not the responsibility of any quarterback, anytime, anywhere, under any conditions.

Meantime, McNabb was forced to defend himself from a steady barrage from mediots, pundits, politicians, retired boxers, and idiot fans.
                            Last edited by The Ref; 09-18-2013, 12:10 PM.

Comment

wow...you have a short memory

first, not saying he needed to manage TO. But he didn't have to enflame the situation.

Let's review: TO and McNabb have issues. TO states his case directly if not coherently.

McNabb: had daddy speak for him then defends daddy for equating TO's attack to "black on black crime."

had mommy speak for him on her blog.

even had his brother go to TO's house.

Never spoke to TO directly.

Just be a stand-up guy is all I'm saying.
                              May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X