I used to really like 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to really like 5

I really did. On and off field. Now it's literally impossible. He seems borderline senile and definitely dillusional. Problem is it perpetuates the belief and also the behavior that Philly fans boo our greatest out of town.

The dude makes it hard not to
    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
    Problem is it perpetuates the belief and also the behavior that Philly fans boo our greatest out of town.
    Totally agree.

Philly fans are tough, but not mean-spirited. McNabb didn't start out sensitively passive-aggressive, just eager to be appreciated.

It's almost comparable to Greek tragedy how those two traits just continue to play on each other until both sides just became something really ugly.

Now, when it comes to McNabb and the City of Philadelphia, Donovan is like an embittered old divorcee, and the Philly can be accurately portrayed as merciless to the QB who holds the franchise record for wins.

I remember when McNabb was the main reason to be excited for football season. It just makes me sad how much I hate him now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
      Totally agree.

Philly fans are tough, but not mean-spirited. .
      You've gotta be kidding me. Certainly not all, but a lot of Philly fans are as mean spirited as they come in this country. Generations of losing teams do that to people. Maybe not an apology for it, but jeezzuz, at least be honest about it. And for some, it's a badge of honor.

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
        I really did. On and off field. Now it's literally impossible. He seems borderline senile and definitely dillusional. Problem is it perpetuates the belief and also the behavior that Philly fans boo our greatest out of town.

The dude makes it hard not to
        It's his job. He joined the jockocracy. His job now is to stir shit. If he doesn't, there's a bunch of former jocks waiting to join the shit stirring club known as sports punditry. It's a case of if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
          You've gotta be kidding me. Certainly not all, but a lot of Philly fans are as mean spirited as they come in this country. Generations of losing teams do that to people. Maybe not an apology for it, but jeezzuz, at least be honest about it. And for some, it's a badge of honor.
          Every fanbase has assholes. Philly has more than most, yeah. However, I feel like most fans just expect toughness, and aren't afraid to unleash on someone when they don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
            Every fanbase has assholes. Philly has more than most, yeah. However, I feel like most fans just expect toughness, and aren't afraid to unleash on someone when they don't see it.
            You don't have to look any further than this board to see the mean spiritedness of many Philly fans. An overweight coach constantly referred to as Fat Fuck. Sorry. that's mean spirited. Sure, they would never say it to his face, but don't think Reid wasn't aware of what many of the fans said and feel. Their references to Banner and now Roseman are also in the spirit of meanness. And I'm guilty as well.

I get it. They're frustrated after so many decades of not winning the Lombardi. But don't pretend they aren't mean spirited when it comes to their team.

McNabb took so much mean spiritedness from this board and the fan base in general. And as I mentioned before, some are even proud of it. Even though I partook in it, I'm not very proud of it, nor am I in denial. I'm trying to soften it. Like these current defensive players. I almost feel sorry for them. Not their fault that they aren't very talented. We shouldn't expect every athlete to be Vince Papale playing well over their heads all the time.
            Last edited by The Ref; 09-18-2013, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X