Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Weasel Banner won that Richardson trade hands down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Weasel Banner won that Richardson trade hands down.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't last yr the first in NFL history that at RB wasn' drafted in the 1st rd? The NFL has become a passing fantasy football arena flag ball league. Pistol, read option, zone option, ect.. Weeden is not that.

Plus Richardson does absolutely nothing for the Browns now or the future with the QB situation they are in, they had to get rid of him.

Next yr is a very deep QB draft class and by this trade they could get a franchise Qb and still get a RB with the Colts pick. I don't see how anyone could not defend this trade by the weasel.

I can't blame them at all for making that trade. I find it pathetic Richardson heard the news on the radio and not from Banner or Lombardi or his agent.

I know news travels fast but that's inexcusable.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 09-19-2013, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
      The NFL has become a passing fantasy football arena flag ball league. Pistol, read option, zone option, ect.. Weeden is not that.
      The read option is a rush-heavy offense so you're arguing against yourself here. In fact, the pendulum is swinging back and halfbacks are becoming more valuable as more teams employ run-heavy schemes.

I shudder to think of how ineffective Chip Kelly's offense would be without the brilliance of team MVP Lesean McCoy.
      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
        The read option is a rush-heavy offense so you're arguing against yourself here. In fact, the pendulum is swinging back and halfbacks are becoming more valuable as more teams employ run-heavy schemes.

I shudder to think of how ineffective Chip Kelly's offense would be without the brilliance of team MVP Lesean McCoy.
        I think his point was more about Weeden than Richardson. Or at least, I think that's the issue in general. They need a QB, a new line, etc. Richardson isn't going to make or break the team.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

Putting more picks in the hands of one of the guys that brought you the 2010/2011 Philadelphia Eagles draft. What could go wrong?
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            Putting more picks in the hands of one of the guys that brought you the 2010/2011 Philadelphia Eagles draft. What could go wrong?
            The choices they make with those picks is a separate issue. They still gained value by making the trade.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Giving banner more draft picks is like a nice pair of tits in the hands of a Rutgers man.

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                They still gained value by making the trade.
                You don't know that. People are acting like this is a guaranteed top ten selection and it's not. Banner traded a starting NFL HB for a draft pick likely to fall somewhere between 18th and 27th overall. When compared to the ten players in that range in 2012 I'd take Trent Richardson over every single one of them except for Chandler Jones at this point.

The fact is that, outside the top ten picks in any draft, one third of the players selected are starters, one third are bench/speacial teams players and one third are total busts.

Joe Banner is an idiot for trading a starting caliber player for a lottery pick that could just as easily flame out as become a starter.

And as I've said before the whole idea that the HB has no value in this league anymore is bullshit.

Not to mention, everyone around here should know that the ONLY REASON Banner made that deal is because he thought Richardson was overpaid.

The bottom line is bad teams can't trade their young starting players and expect to get better.
                Last edited by J_Cuz31; 09-19-2013, 05:14 PM.
                "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                  You don't know that. People are acting like this is a guaranteed top ten selection and it's not. Banner traded a starting NFL HB for a draft pick likely to fall somewhere between 18th and 27th overall. When compared to the ten players in that range in 2012 I'd take Trent Richardson over every single one of them except for Chandler Jones at this point.

The fact is that, outside the top ten picks in any draft, one third of the players selected are starters, one third are bench/speacial teams players and one third are total busts.

Joe Banner is an idiot for trading a starting caliber player for a lottery pick that could just as easily flame out as become a starter.

And as I've said before the whole idea that the HB has no value in this league anymore is bullshit.

Not to mention, everyone around here should know that the ONLY REASON Banner made that deal is because he thought Richardson was overpaid.

The bottom line is bad teams can't trade their young starting players and expect to get better.
                  Richardson ran for less than 1000 yards last year averaging 3.6 yards per carry and he's being paid as the #3 player in the draft. He has as terrible team around him. He's not doing that much good for the Browns which need a lot of help.

They'll have 2 1st round picks next year - one of them which will likely be very good and a slew of QB prospects. What's the benefit of running Richardson into the ground for another year with very little benefit when they can choose players they want and feel are of value?

I think Richardson has the chance to prove he's worth this draft position but not in Cleveland. He's just a wasted player there right now getting paid a lot of money.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

A wasted player ??? He's played all of ONE season

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                    Richardson ran for less than 1000 yards last year averaging 3.6 yards per carry and he's being paid as the #3 player in the draft. He has as terrible team around him. He's not doing that much good for the Browns which need a lot of help.

They'll have 2 1st round picks next year - one of them which will likely be very good and a slew of QB prospects. What's the benefit of running Richardson into the ground for another year with very little benefit when they can choose players they want and feel are of value?

I think Richardson has the chance to prove he's worth this draft position but not in Cleveland. He's just a wasted player there right now getting paid a lot of money.
                    He fell just short of 1,000 yards, and scored 11 times. How exactly does that translate into him being a wasted player. He did that on a team that was bad enough to pick him 3rd overall, was starting a rookie qb, and had not one receiver or tight end that any defense gave a damn about. Hardly a wasted player.
                    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                    X