Reid deserves standing O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reid deserves standing O

If you really look back at what this team was and what he made it. Yes he stayed 4 years too long but still the franchises winningest coach. Was he like able? Kinda but I can see the dislike. Never the less that stats don't lie. Plus he's gone now. Appreciate what he did and then move on.

No he doesn't

he deserves a standing BOOOOOOOO!
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

it'll be one of those half hearted ones. guy never endeared himself to the fans or local media. that's on him, not us.

Comment

I can see that point Ells.

Comment

I would say this though Jeff Fisher in Tennessee had the same type of relationship with the media and the same type of Coaching tenure yet he's beloved. I'm not saying that Reid should be looked at this way but still the guy did a lot for this franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent 10 View Post
            If you really look back at what this team was and what he made it. Yes he stayed 4 years too long but still the franchises winningest coach. Was he like able? Kinda but I can see the dislike. Never the less that stats don't lie. Plus he's gone now. Appreciate what he did and then move on.

If I was there, I'd BOO him because of two words...

Danny Watkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent 10 View Post
              I would say this though Jeff Fisher in Tennessee had the same type of relationship with the media and the same type of Coaching tenure yet he's beloved. I'm not saying that Reid should be looked at this way but still the guy did a lot for this franchise.
              Jeff Fisher is beloved by some people here - despite his mediocre to above-average NFL coaching existence.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

Is it Reid's fault he was here too long? I feel the fault lies with Jeffrey Lurie. He stayed with Reid way past his expiration date. What's Reid gonna do not coach? He's a coach that's what they do. Jeffy shoulda manned up after the Cardinals debacle and went a different direction then. Reid is what he is. To me it was all downhill from there. If someone is going to keep you employed and you like your job are you gonna leave it? The fault lies in the owners box.

Comment

I understand what you're saying and many fans want that.

For me, having a warm and fuzzy coach with dazzling pressers means nothing at all.

Comment

he resembles an O with legs

Comment

He deserves a big cheer as a greeting. After that, he gets nothing but boos.

Acknowledge his past accomplishments while ignoring his past shortcomings, then boo the shit out of him for no other reason than him being on another team.

No hate..it's just business.
                      WELCOME TO THE PHILA. SPORTS FANISM. WIN, WE LOVE YA, LOSE,WE LOVE YA, BUT YOU'RE A DICK FOR LOSING.
                      - DEERSPINE GUY

The classic Philly sports fan mindset. It's not right or wrong - it is what it is. Both a shame and a mantle of pride. Love and hate in constant turmoil.
                      - Susquehanna Birder

Comment

Working...
                      X