Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This should make for an interesting handshake before the game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This should make for an interesting handshake before the game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...0915--nfl.html

Donovan McNabb, opiner of many things these days, was pretty blunt when asked about the offense Chip Kelly has brought to the NFL via the Philadelphia Eagles, McNabb's former team.

“To me, it’s just a fad,” McNabb said.

McNabb has slid nicely into his new role as football analyst. Say bold things, and people will talk about you.

Thursday night the six-time Pro Bowler will be inducted into the Eagles' Hall of Fame, and his No. 5 jersey will be retired at The Linc. Oh, by the way, there will be a game, too: Kelly's Eagles are taking on Andy Reid, McNabb's former coach, and the 2-0 Chiefs. Perhaps you've heard.

But McNabb has shoehorned his way into the story more here. By openly questioning Kelly's schemes, which set the NFL on fire in Week 1 and were not quite as successful in Week 2, McNabb has set himself up here a little bit. Will Eagles fans boo McNabb? (Let us know in the comments section below, please.) But before you answer, consider what else McNabb said on the matter, courtesy of CSNPhilly.com's Reuben Frank.

“I don’t know if any offensive player would want to run 90 plays in a game," he said. "If you’re running 90 plays in a game, that means your defense is pretty awful and you’re running entirely too many plays.
    “At Oregon, [Kelly] may have ran 75 plays in a game, but you’re not going to run 85, 90, not in the NFL, and teams and defensive coordinators are a lot better than what you’re going to see in college.”
    --
    Your Retarded

This fucking guy...

It's like he wants to be boo'd so he can say "I told you so."
    Last edited by Melchior; 09-19-2013, 04:23 PM.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

he'd have thrown up 5x a game with a pace & system like this.

Comment

"I don’t know if any offensive player would want to run 90 plays in a game"

Wait, what? I'm pretty sure any skill player in the league would LOVE to run 90 plays a game.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I loved Donovan the player. Donovan the analyst is a ratings seeking idiot ala Tiki Barber. Who gives a shit what he has to say and by the way coming into the league McNabb would have LOVED this offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent 10 View Post
            I loved Donovan the player. Donovan the analyst is a ratings seeking idiot ala Tiki Barber. Who gives a shit what he has to say and by the way coming into the league McNabb would have LOVED this offense.
            McNabb is doing his job as an analyst. If he weren't a former Eagle I don't think we'd care all that much but everything he says will relate back to his performance in Philly.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

I hate Aikman as a Cowboy, but he is a good announcer who knows how to be relevant and at the same time win opposing fans over.

McNabb can't even win his own fans over. Geezus God, I was pretty damn loyal to McNabb over the years... but the guy is sliding down the scale. Brookshire, Jaws... all good homers. Other guys in the business are all good homers too without being obnoxious. McNabb doesn't get it. Who is his fan base as a talking head? He's taking on a villain role or something?

Comment

Working...
              X