Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Back from the game

They look worse in person than on TV.

1. Vick did not see all kinds of open receivers.
    2. The officials did not see all kinds of Broncos penalties (but did see some phantom ones on the Eagles).
    3. The defensive players don't talk to each other much when they are off the field. Probably out of breath.
    DB

wow you went...

nice night out,,did you wear you colors,,,???
    Brave man!
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Radio announcers were alluding to the first one. Sounded like he had all sorts of open guys early in the game. Also said DJax was being held on every play.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
        Radio announcers were alluding to the first one. Sounded like he had all sorts of open guys early in the game. Also said DJax was being held on every play.
        R Diddy on the post game show said nobody was open. They take away Jackson and none of the other receivers can get separation. Sounds accurate to me. I don't see Riley Cooper and Jason Avant running wild in the secondary.

Not that Vick had any time. Also five passes dropped.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

81 Was open a lot, and Celek was open over the middle early

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          R Diddy on the post game show said nobody was open. They take away Jackson and none of the other receivers can get separation. Sounds accurate to me. I don't see Riley Cooper and Jason Avant running wild in the secondary.

Not that Vick had any time. Also five passes dropped.
          although I wouldn't throw much to Celek at this point.

Officiating was terrible, but that wouldn't change anything.
          DB

Comment

Vick is a chump
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
              Vick is a chump
              He's got more career left than Celek. Although that's not saying much.

Actually I don't see much he did wrong today. You can't win a shootout with one receiver.

Comment

He's down on the list of culprits but it seem to me that he held the ball too long.

I will review the NFL Rewind expando vision on Monday to see if he had targets.

I suspect he did.

Comment

What difference does it make when the other team scores 52?

so maybe they could have only lost 52-35?
                  "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

He's down on the list of culprits but it seem to me that he held the ball too long.

I will review the NFL Rewind expando vision on Monday to see if he had targets.

I suspect he did.
                    I'll be interested to see what super expando has to say. Sometimes looks are deceiving...a guy is open before his spot in the read progression is reached, etc. Vick also could've been skipping some reads to hunt for the big play, but only the coaches could really tell you that.

It didn't look like Vick played too bad. No turnovers, moved the chains with his feet, stung a little by drops.

This, I think, is where we really notice the loss of Maclin. He wasn't an All-Pro, but had the ability to separate from defenders in a way Cooper and Avant don't. Throwing windows are really small in the NFL and a little more speed goes a long way.

-AE

Comment

I don't know

Originally posted by AnnapolisEagle View Post
                      I'll be interested to see what super expando has to say. Sometimes looks are deceiving...a guy is open before his spot in the read progression is reached, etc. Vick also could've been skipping some reads to hunt for the big play, but only the coaches could really tell you that.

It didn't look like Vick played too bad. No turnovers, moved the chains with his feet, stung a little by drops.

This, I think, is where we really notice the loss of Maclin. He wasn't an All-Pro, but had the ability to separate from defenders in a way Cooper and Avant don't. Throwing windows are really small in the NFL and a little more speed goes a long way.

-AE
                      Just watching from the stands it's easy to spot open receivers, but it seemed to me that he was bailing out despite good protection and running when even the Bronco fans next to me (I was wearing green) were saying "he had that guy open." What the heck do I know other than the fact that Vick should at this point give way to one of either Foles or Barkley. Let's see what kind of tobacco they smoke.
                      DB

Comment

Sounds like what I'm often saying, along with the other guys, in my section at the Stink.

Comment

Foles can't hit the same windows Vick can, but I really think he sees more than Vick does.
                          Last edited by slag; 09-29-2013, 08:56 PM.

Comment

And what does it hurt to try?

Foles can't hit the same windows Vick can, but I really think he sees more than Vick does.
                            Not like the Eagles are going to make a stunning comeback this year.

Ed Snider with the best team in Philly, and they aren't even that good...
                            DB

Comment

Eagles are only one game behind in the division. I don't think Kelly is going to throw the towel in yet. Vick is their best QB. Sure Foles would be different but he's not the long term answer either so why bother? He didn't win shit last year. No reason to think he would this year.

If they get to 2-6 then maybe I make the change. No way next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X