Guys, Chip Kelly KNOWS The Rule Book!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, Chip Kelly KNOWS The Rule Book!

He may be a rookie NFL coach but the man KNOWS the rule book. I have it on very good authority he reads it CONSTANTLY and can recite little known facts that others would never know. That's the reason the Eagles tried that 46-yard field goal with 10:46 left while trailing 49-13.

Section 110, subsection B, paragraph 4 of the NFL rule book states, "Once per season while trailing by at least 35 points, an NFL coach may elect to try a field goal from 40 yards or greater. If successful, it shall be deemed to be worth one (1) point more than the amount of the deficit."

It was the ideal time to try! Make it, you have a 50-49 lead! Gentlemen, we are in the presence of GREATNESS!!

(seriously, what in the H-E-double hockey sticks was he thinking??!!)
    "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

They were down 5 touchdowns. Who cares?
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Dude, Do The Math!

They were down by five touchdowns with successful PATs, and even THAT wouldn't have been good enough -- they'd still be trailing by a point because we saw how gung-ho Chipper is about 2-point conversions!

Sickening!
      "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
        I have it on very good authority he reads it CONSTANTLY and can recite little known facts that others would never know. That's the reason the Eagles tried that 46-yard field goal with 10:46 left while trailing 49-13.

Section 110, subsection B, paragraph 4 of the NFL rule book states, "Once per season while trailing by at least 35 points, an NFL coach may elect to try a field goal from 40 yards or greater. If successful, it shall be deemed to be worth one (1) point more than the amount of the deficit."

It was the ideal time to try! Make it, you have a 50-49 lead! Gentlemen, we are in the presence of GREATNESS!!

(seriously, what in the H-E-double hockey sticks was he thinking??!!)
        If you're going to make a terrible joke, couldn't you have at least created another character in your mind, like Dr. Hiram, so we could have gotten some use out of it?

Comment

Working...
        X