Well looks like it's a league of haves and have nots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well looks like it's a league of haves and have nots

I know Paul Tag tried to create a league where smaller market teams could contend...it can be done,,but take a good look at the league,,,right now there are a ton of 4-0 and 0-4 1-3....teams...............pro football is starting to reflect the economy..
    Last edited by TRENT; 10-01-2013, 09:26 AM.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Good point. I guess Indy is the example of a small market succeeding. What kind of market is Denver, though?
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

more like greenbay I would say

small market teams must draft well "all Teams",,its the only way,,Den and Indy made great moves,,aka Richardson, Luck,,and denver gets Manning and welker in a 2 year span.
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

That's a stretch. Market size doesn't matter all that much because of revenue sharing. It's mostly about skill. Managing the cap, hiring the right coaches, and good scouting both for the draft and FA is what makes winners and losers. That, and a little bit of luck.

Eagles are screwed right now because of the all-in approach of the waning Reid years. Made some really dumb desperation moves with players and coaches to get over the top. Didn't work out. Now a rebuild is necessary.

Question at the moment is if the Chip Kelly hire was yet the latest desperation move or a wise choice to build long term. The current regime deserves some rope to work it out. Not going to be evident for a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
          Eagles are screwed right now because of the all-in approach of the waning Reid years. Made some really dumb desperation moves with players and coaches to get over the top. Didn't work out. Now a rebuild is necessary.
          Exactly, if Reid was let go in 2011 like he should've been. We'd be in a lot better shape. Instead last year was a total bust in about 10 different ways including hurting the future of this team.

Also, as much as I enjoyed the 2008 run, it hurt us in the long run.

Comment

I don't consider Philly a small market team

the post was about more disparity in the league than in years past...not really a money issue, allthough it doesnt hurt. Teams like Dallas and the Giants are not doing so well, but NO looks good..
            Last edited by TRENT; 10-01-2013, 12:54 PM.
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
              the post was about more disparity in the league than in years past...not really a money issue, allthough it doesnt hurt. Teams like Dallas and the Giants are not doing so well, but NO looks good..
              And I will suggest that any disparity is purely cyclical. Market size, big or small, has little to do with on field success.

Comment

haves: typically have a franchise QB's

have nots: typically have dogshit QB's

the eagles are going to continue to be an epic fail until they (not we) get a franchise QB. that will hopefully take place next May in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                X