Hey Loki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Loki

Was wondering what you thought of this article.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/0...ing-in-hockey/

I could be wrong, but aren't you a believer in two-fisted justice? I pretty much stopped watching hockey after Dale Hunter was not banned for at least a year, never mind life as he really should have been, for running Pierre Turgeon.

I know you directed this to Loki

But if I may interject my two cents, I think that fighting in hockey is just stupid. There's really no need for in today's game. You have guys on rosters whose sole job is to be a goon and fight. In my opinion, it ranks up there with baseball players not being allowed to celebrate after hitting a home run unless they want to be plunked with a pitch their next time up.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
      But if I may interject my two cents, I think that fighting in hockey is just stupid. There's really no need for in today's game. You have guys on rosters whose sole job is to be a goon and fight. In my opinion, it ranks up there with baseball players not being allowed to celebrate after hitting a home run unless they want to be plunked with a pitch their next time up.
      Yea, it's much better to let a team goon skate around and take cheap shots at your best player instead of nipping the problem in the bud and have your goon and their goon settle it on the ice with a 40 second fight.

Comment

Fringephans
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Then get rid of the goons

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
          Yea, it's much better to let a team goon skate around and take cheap shots at your best player instead of nipping the problem in the bud and have your goon and their goon settle it on the ice with a 40 second fight.
          and replace them with more skill players. The idea of fighting in team sports is stupid and antiquated. They don't need to do it, and there's no place for it.
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

and replace them with more skill players. The idea of fighting in team sports is stupid and antiquated. They don't need to do it, and there's no place for it.
            They've been fighting in hockey since 1920 so obviously there is a place for it.

Comment

So how many more

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
              They've been fighting in hockey since 1920 so obviously there is a place for it.
              Marty McSorley and Todd Bertuzzi incidents do you need to see before you think it's enough ?

Comment

http://regressing.deadspin.com/the-e...don-1442618145
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                X