Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Davis must go

not till the season is over of course, we saw what happened last year

Let him keep teaching the 3-4,,but there has to be someone better than this guy after this year...one can only hope

could you imagine this offense with a competent defense...could get interesting
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

I don't like billy davis... but that d is lacking talent. They got a pass rush at the end.... but it was nonexistent for most of the game....especially against a rookie.

At least when the eagles had a good d with jj they did have good players. Vincent...taylor...hugh...corey simon....dawkins...emmons...trotter and others.

I mean...I don't know who is all that good. Fletcher did show up today though...cox and Bradley fletcher
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Boykin.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

This is going to be a process

My belief is this team will take a huge step in year 2 under Davis. I am going to reserve judgement until after the season and going into 2014. Right now who on this defense are players that you build Around? The team is made up of recasts, square pegs and below average talent. Boykin and Wolff in the secondary are keepers, Barwin and Kendricks at Linebacker, Logan, Cox and Thorton on the Line. The Eagles could bring in another 6 starters on defense next year and no one would question it.

Trent Cole is not the player he was, Ryans is replaceable, we need a true 3/4 defensive end and another CB/S in the back end.

This year its all about the Offense and the need to score 30 a game to be competitive. We are looking at more wins than last season, and that is progress. We have to find a second WR: be it Maclin or a draft pick. Kelly is proving he can win with either QB and that bodes well for Barkley, moving forward, we have a meaningful game in week 7, what more could we ask for in Year 1?

Comment

They need a playmaker at OLB. Someone who can rush the QB consistently and make some huge game changing plays. If Clowney (miraculously) drops out of the top 10, he would be someone the Eagles should trade up for. The guy from BYU - Kyle Van Noy - is also someone worth drafting in the 12-20 range.

Comment

There was a column last Friday, Ill see if I can find it--Davis thought his signals were too wordy, so with help from the D line coach, who came from Oregon with Kelly, he changed their signals to the same system Oregon used.

Comment

Historically, Davis gets fired after his second year so expect one more season of this shtt.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

So who would you bring in, I mean like right now, who's available? Just as when Davis was originally picked, who else was available?
                Last edited by Eagle Road; 10-14-2013, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Honestly, no one. Chip should just stick it out with Davis for a couple of years. I'm tired of the DC carousel.
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                    Honestly, no one. Chip should just stick it out with Davis for a couple of years. I'm tired of the DC carousel.

Agreed, but my point was, I really don't think at the time the transition went down last year, that Chip had a lot of choices to pick from.

Comment

I would have went with the DC from Georgia.

Comment

right now, No one

when the offseason hits, you see who might be interested,,head coaches get let go,,Plenty of guys,

Lovie smith? who knows
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

I think Juan Castillo might be available. Again

"The Ravens are averaging just 72.7 rushing yards per game, which ranks 27th in the NFL, and they are tied for last with the winless Jacksonville Jaguars with a 2.7 yards per carry average. The struggles have called into question whether the offensive linemen are grasping the changes made by new run game coordinator Juan Castillo, a proponent of zone blocking concepts."

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                            when the offseason hits, you see who might be interested,,head coaches get let go,,Plenty of guys,

Lovie smith? who knows
                            Smith is said to be only interested in HC positions and Chip's mentioned only wanting to be a 3-4 team. I like the idea of Ron Rivera. He's been successful running multiple systems. I dont think he'll be the Panthers coach next year so maybe he'll be interested... time will tell.
                            The sky is not falling, contrary to popular belief.

Comment

Working...
                            X