Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtf is with Bryce Brown

dude never gets turned upfield.

I don't think he's good for this offense. He bounces EVERYTHING outside and he doesn't have much shake to him. He needs to take stuff up the middle.

Comment

If he fumbles he'll fumble out of bounds. That is why he always bounces outside.

Comment

fixed

Originally posted by Folesabbulous View Post
        When he fumbles he'll fumble out of bounds. That is why he always bounces outside.
        nm

Comment

Originally posted by Agent 10 View Post
          I don't think he's good for this offense. He bounces EVERYTHING outside and he doesn't have much shake to him. He needs to take stuff up the middle.
          clicheŽ and no he doesn't. First play of the game McCoy ran for 40+ yards on a screen pass. Brown came in and ran two plays right up the gut for a total of 11 yards and another first down. Didn't bounce outside the hash marks on either run.

If he sometimes or even often breaks to the outside, then to a certain type of mind he ALWAYS takes EVERYTHING to the outside. Not true. Period. Many of his plays are designed that way. Take it up with the coach.

Comment

Nice correction, never would be an improper word to use. Brown almost never hits the hole and almost always bounces the ball out (and on the ground). I'm not the first to notice it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
              Many of his plays are designed that way. Take it up with the coach.
              I agree. It seems like the majority of times Brown's running the ball it's a designed outside run.

It makes sense to run the outside sweeps with Brown - he's faster than McCoy, and McCoy's patient, start-and-stop style is kind of negated by plays that hinge on simply beating the Defense to the corner.

The problem is that the outside runs with Brown have not worked consistently. I think it's entirely possible that defenses have simply seen what we all have and just assume that if Brown's in the game, there's a good chance it's a run outside.

Comment

Working...
              X