Well it's settled,we are drafting a QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
    foles is the never was. vick is the multiple pro bowler. too old to build around but gives you a lot more than foles or barkley.

play vick till he gets hurt again and then go to barkley. we've seen ten games of foles. he's not the guy. i doubt barkley is either. he was just a cute value pick. trade up and draft a qb.

but no more foles please.
    People bought into Vicks hype his whole career. His coaches couldn't see he was and is horribly inaccurate. He is horribly inconsistent . and he is injury prone. It cost many a coach their jobs. He was a he'll of an athlete but never a good QB.

Eagles with Vick might win a game or two more the eagles with foles. But they will not sniff a SB with either this year. Start foles and either A he develops into a good QB or B we get a better draft pick.

Starting Vick is no different then keeping McNabb around to long... Except McNabb was a much better QB in his prime

Comment

They need to draft two as the Washington team did last year. Neither Foles or Barkley can do very much over the long haul. You need a backup who can actually move the ball against mediocre teams like Dallas.

Have to wait for the coaches tape, but it looked like he missed a bunch of open receivers. And he missed them badly. Plus it doesn't look like Foles passes are easy to catch. Wobbly assed crap. Same with Barkley. But I never expected much from a USC quarterback. Wasted 4th round draft pick.

Comment

right and tom brady was a seventh rounder. every team should draft a seventh rounder and play them until they turn into aikman or brady. the logic is obvious!
        So what you are saying is you should never give a 7th rounder a shot because Brady is the only 7th rounder that could ever be a QB. And that no QB that has a shitty game in his first 10 starts should get another shot because Aikman is the only QB that will ever improve.

Is your name marcus... The only logical reason you would hug vicks nuts the way you do is your his brother.

Comment

Originally posted by harls View Post
          So what you are saying is you should never give a 7th rounder a shot because Brady is the only 7th rounder that could ever be a QB. And that no QB that has a shitty game in his first 10 starts should get another shot because Aikman is the only QB that will ever improve.

Is your name marcus... The only logical reason you would hug vicks nuts the way you do is your his brother.
          A qb that had a game like Nick Foles had doesn't deserve another shot. Sorry, games against teams with zero wins don't impress me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandonn View Post
            A qb that had a game like Nick Foles had doesn't deserve another shot. Sorry, games against teams with zero wins don't impress me.
            So you have Vick who has no upside. Might get you an extra win or 2 but all that will get you is a worse draft pick

Foles who had a Horrible game playing while injured who likely wont be your QB of the future but has had 8 starts in his career. Has a possibility while very small a possibility to improve

And Barkley who threw how many picks coming in for foles. He may have some upside only time will tell

You have to start Foles or Barkley the rest of the way out to prevent a truly wasted season. either one of them will surprise everyone and be the QB of the future or the eagles end up with a better draft pick.

Starting Vick is the equivalent of the Eagles Keeping McNabb around starting. Only McNabb>Vick

Comment

right and tom brady was a seventh rounder. every team should draft a seventh rounder and play them until they turn into aikman or brady. the logic is obvious!
              Then they should have benched aikman then.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                So you would rather bench a QB and never have him play again then have a HOF QB develop for you. Glad you are not the coach

Comment

So you would rather bench a QB and never have him play again then have a HOF QB develop for you. Glad you are not the coach
                  Sarcasm on my part.

Aikmans first two years were pretty bad....in fact....awful
                  Last edited by nerd; 10-20-2013, 05:07 PM.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Sarcasm on my part.

Aikmans first two years were pretty bad....in fact....awful
                    Ah sorry bout that... Yes they were. Chances are foles won't ever be close to aikman but i would rather find out then go with the old guy that we know isnt good enough

Comment

So you have Vick who has no upside. Might get you an extra win or 2 but all that will get you is a worse draft pick

Foles who had a Horrible game playing while injured who likely wont be your QB of the future but has had 8 starts in his career. Has a possibility while very small a possibility to improve

And Barkley who threw how many picks coming in for foles. He may have some upside only time will tell

You have to start Foles or Barkley the rest of the way out to prevent a truly wasted season. either one of them will surprise everyone and be the QB of the future or the eagles end up with a better draft pick.

Starting Vick is the equivalent of the Eagles Keeping McNabb around starting. Only McNabb>Vick
                      Foles has zero upside. hell Vick at least provides entertainment. That game was painful to even watch. I would rather go with Barkley the rest of teh way but Foles is unwatchable.

Comment

I didn't follow Aikman but I'm sure he showed more than Foles. And Vick has been to multiple Pro Bowls. He is too old to build around but he still gives the offense more than Foles.

Foles is a one-dimensional quarterback with limited upside. Backup NFL caliber. He's played plenty enough to show that.

Barkley looks like another stiff to me but I'd rather see him than any more of Foles.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

The number one overall draft pick in 1989

Slight difference. And by slight, I mean huge.

Comment

I didn't follow Aikman but I'm sure he showed more than Foles. And Vick has been to multiple Pro Bowls. He is too old to build around but he still gives the offense more than Foles.

Foles is a one-dimensional quarterback with limited upside. Backup NFL caliber. He's played plenty enough to show that.

Barkley looks like another stiff to me but I'd rather see him than any more of Foles.
                            And Vick isn't one dimensional... I haven't checked the stats but he is likely the most inaccurate passer that ever went to the PB. If he didn't have the legs he does he would never have started in the NFL

Comment

actually...a number one pick overall playing awful for two years would be more of a cause for concern than a third round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandonn View Post
                                The number one overall draft pick in 1989

Slight difference. And by slight, I mean huge.
                                Any sucky quarterback is the next Troy Aikman. Makes perfect sense.
                                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                                X