The 2013 draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2013 draft

Will be known as the year we didn't take Geno Smith.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

"If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Pretty much. Eagles guessed wrong (as they continually have in the draft).

The reason the Eagles even have Foles is because they picked a guy they barely even play to his strengths (Curry) and missed out on Russell Wilson (who stole the Seattle starting job from another overhyped backup-as-ceiling QB, Matt Flynn).

Geno was impressive against a tough Patriots team. No comment on the other guy who slipped in the draft and the Eagles picked in the 4th.

Comment

Geno Smith > Zach Ertz

I understood passing on Geno in the 1st but it was foolish to pass on him when he dropped to them in the 2nd. They outsmarted themselves again. Where was Ertz today?
        Last edited by AgendaPolice; 10-20-2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AgendaPolice View Post
          I understood passing on Geno in the 1st but it was foolish to pass on him when he dropped to them in the 2nd. They outsmarted themselves again. Where was Ertz today?
          i dont know if they just arent using him like they should or what. i have seen him drop a few balls this season...

Comment

Ertz May Turn Out Ok

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
            i dont know if they just arent using him like they should or what. i have seen him drop a few balls this season...
            Ertz may turn out to be ok, but if Geno continues to play like a franchise QB there's no contest. They blew it. I think Chip fell in love with the idea of coaching Vick so a franchise QB wasn't a priority. We were gonna have 3 tight end sets too! Where the hell is James Casey while we are at it! They should have let Vick go, drafted Geno and kept Clay Harbor. One thing this team couldn't afford was personel mistakes amd I see a bunch coming to light.

Comment

He's completing 59% of his passes, 7 TDs, 10 INTs. He's also had issues with holding on to the ball.

Geno has played better than expected, but let's not crown him just yet.

Comment

I'm Crowning Him

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                He's completing 59% of his passes, 7 TDs, 10 INTs. He's also had issues with holding on to the ball.

Geno has played better than expected, but let's not crown him just yet.
                I'm crowning him better than Ertz, Foles & Barkley and I'm very confident about that. We'll see who they draft next year, but our next franchise QB clearly is not on the roster.

Comment

He's better than Foles and Barkley, sure, but that's not a high bar.

I have no idea if Ertz is going to be good or not. I definitely had a lot of hope in him.

Either way, I'd want any of the first round QBs coming out this year over Geno.

Comment

Working...
                  X