Is anybody really surprised?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anybody really surprised?

I mean anybody who looked at this situation honestly knew that the Eagles starting QB of the future was NOT on the roster.

I think Foles still has a chance to be a serviceable QB but I never looked at him as the type to take a team consistently to the playoffs. Now I'm not even sure if he can start for a bad team... or even be a backup.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    I mean anybody who looked at this situation honestly knew that the Eagles starting QB of the future was NOT on the roster.
    I'm pretty sure some people were surprised. There was a whole lot of love for Foles here last week.

Frankly even I was surprised he was that putrid.
    Last edited by Maniac; 10-21-2013, 10:41 AM.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

In a word ... yes.

In fact, that was so putrid in contrast to his earlier play, I think making a sweeping decision off it is perhaps worse than iowaiggle finding him the next franchise guy.

Not that you couldn't be right ... just sayin'.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        In a word ... yes.

In fact, that was so putrid in contrast to his earlier play, I think making a sweeping decision off it is perhaps worse than iowaiggle finding him the next franchise guy.

Not that you couldn't be right ... just sayin'.
        Oh, I agree one game is just one game. Things are usually never so bad as they seem from one crapola game. Just like things are usually never as good as they seem from one great game.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I think you have to be surprised he was so bad. Nobody saw that coming.

Comment

Oh, I agree one game is just one game.
            I dont think you can write it off as just one game. That was his chance to take the job. Thirtieth ranked defense. Home game. The defense finally shows up. The biggest game of his pro career and he played the worst game of his pro career. That says something about him.

Kelly is pretty forgiving but I could see him giving Barkley the next shot if Vick gets hurt again.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Now I'm not even sure if he can start for a bad team... or even be a backup.
              He always struck me as a good game manager. I actually think he showed off his strongest skill yesterday. He was playing so poorly the Eagles should have lost 45-0.

But old Folesy got the team out of the shadow of their end zone time and time again and he didn't turn the ball over.

That is the sign of a good backup. They aren't winning the game for you but they can give the defense and halfbacks room to win.

Anyone expecting anything more from Foles, who has consistently proven inept on his BEST DAYS when asked to do anything beyond manage a game, was delusional.
              Last edited by J_Cuz31; 10-21-2013, 11:19 AM.
              "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

We've seen Foles start 8 games now. Half a season. For most of those 8 starts he's been mediocre. Looked like he belonged in the NFL but nothing special about him. Of the 8 starts he had one great game and one shitty game. Although the shitty game was shittier than the great game was great.

He is what he is. Just a guy who can play QB but not a franchise QB. He's a 6'6" Klob. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Having seen one after the other USC quarterbacks fail in the NFL I harbor no hope for Barkley.

No doubt in my mind that as bad as the safety play is, next year's first round has to be a stab at a franchise QB. Vick is no answer at age 33 (34 next year).

Also not surprising that the team still looks like the 6 win team many predicted.
                Last edited by The Ref; 10-21-2013, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                  I'm pretty sure some people were surprised. There was a whole lot of love for Foles here last week.

Frankly even I was surprised he was that putrid.
                  I was. I was expecting a typical "Foles" day. Not the Mike McMahon sequel, with less INTs.

Comment

I still remember when Kafka came in.

A few was hoping on that one.

Comment

I think Foles still has a chance to be a serviceable QB but I never looked at him as the type to take a team consistently to the playoffs. Now I'm not even sure if he can start for a bad team... or even be a backup.
                      Nothing has changed. We know that Vick is not the future. We know that the Eagles are a bad team (although there were some welcome bright spots on the defensive side.). We do not know enough about Foles or Barkley to know whether either one can be THE QB in seasons to come. They should use this season to determine this. There is just nothing gained by putting Vick back in with this team.

Comment

Working...
                      X