Geno Smith.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgendaPolice View Post
    I wonder how in the hell Ertz can be so invisible on a team full of stone handed receivers. My point about Geno is his potential to be franchise QB. Tony Gonzalez has never carried anyone to a Superbowl. If you take Geno in the second and he doesn't work out, it's no big deal. Draft another with that early pick. If you take him at #4 overall, that sets you back big time. In order to get a franchise QB, this season now needs to go down the drain. It has to get worse before it gets better. As if it could, but it must! ; )
    It's true that once Smith dropped out of the first round that removed a LOT of risk from drafting him. The risk vs. reward calculation became a lot different at that point.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Geno Smith QBed the Jets to a victory in Atlanta. When was the last time an Eagles' QB did THAT?

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
        Geno Smith QBed the Jets to a victory in Atlanta. When was the last time an Eagles' QB did THAT?
        2 Weeks ago in NY against the giants

Comment

Perhaps I wasn't clear. To a victory in Atlanta.

Comment

First Take with RSE and IronEagle!
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
              First Take with RSE and IronEagle!
              I seem to have struck a nerve here.
              --------

Comment

Not at all. But when you resort to the Tebow defense, where else can it go?

On another note, I'm glad Kelce is a great downfield blocker, but can we get a center and RG that also pass block?
                Last edited by Melchior; 10-21-2013, 01:42 PM.
                "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Not at all. But when you resort to the Tebow defense, where else can it go?
                  What exactly is the "Tebow defense"? And what exactly is it defending?
                  --------

Comment

Winning excuses mediocre QB play?

Comment

Winning excuses mediocre QB play?
                      You're not seriously comparing Geno Smith to Tebow, are you?

All I can say is that given the choice of Zack Ertz or Geno Smith on the Eagles right now, I'm pretty sure I would prefer Smith.

I believe Smith > Ertz > Tebow.

Also, I believe Smith > Foles and Barkley, but I believe it's a little unfair to make that comparison since Foles and Barkley were drafted in later rounds.

Maybe Kelly has a QB he wants in this years draft

None of this really matters right now but I have one question for you.

Let's say a genie was to give you a choice. He says he's going to cut Matt Barkley, Nick Foles and Zack Ertz from the roster.

But you can fill that empty Eagles roster spot with one of Matt Barkley, Nick Foles, Zack Ertz or Geno Smith. Who would you choose to fill the spot given what you know right now about those players?
                      --------

Comment

Geno Detmer

Comment

Ertz. I don't believe in any of these QBs long term.

Comment

Working...
                          X