I hate being so negative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate being so negative

but I do believe I am going to adopt snakebitten's/tta's former stance that the Eagles NEED to lose games from here on out. They are drifting in the nfl's doldrums without a real qb. Let all of the young guys play, cut any dead weight (what the fuck is james casey doing on this team) Vick is going to put them at 6-10 or 7-9, that isn't going to cut it. I don't care if they start Barkley or Dixon or Avant (prefer barkley) but they need to lose. The Raiders, Browns, Jags, Vikings, Tampa Bay, all need a qb and will most likely be drafting ahead of the Eagles. It's either get really shitty now or mortgage future picks and trade up.

Agreed, you can only look at Indy for inspiration.

Comment

Don't be ridiculous

Originally posted by EagleInNYC View Post
      Agreed, you can only look at Indy for inspiration.
      Indy had the #1 pick. The Igs already have no shot at it.
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm starting to think the right QB won't be there this year anyway (Mariota could stay in college another year). The others are getting less desirable as the season progresses. This team is fucked either way. They are quickly resembling the irrelevant levels of the other three teams in this city.

Comment

It's disgusting right now how fucked they are. They are guaranteed to be irrelevant for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Hanging your hopes on the '14 QB class...

isn't a safe bet either. All of the supposed depth of the class is based on the assumption that all of the redshirt sophomores (Manziel, Mariota and Hundley) will declare, specially if you're looking for a guy with athleticism.

Otherwise it's just Bridgewater or Boyd, and this team is going to win enough games that they'll be picking behind plenty of currently QB-fucked teams. Maybe Chip can convince Mariota to go Slack-Jaw on whoever drafts him.

Comment

It could be worse...

In speaking with agents of several Bucs players recently, I have sensed a common theme: There is an atmosphere of fear and distrust under the current regime in Tampa. Players have told their agents about coaches roaming through the locker room (typically the players’ sanctuary away from coaches) and staff videotaping players on the sidelines during losses to single out players laughing or horsing around. The players also speak to the influx of multiple Rutgers players from Schiano’s past and the use of the phrase “Schiano Men,” a term that clearly does not apply to Freeman.
              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Yea,,can't remember who it was at my car before we left

but he was saying the same thing, srry man I have a problem with names,,we spoke alot yesterday,I was totally Jacked and Pissed, didnt mean to come off the way I did,,I can not root for losses,,,and at that Moment it's no silver lining to me or My Kid

if we win 5 games this year that would have been a good one...I dont see the iggles throwing any games....
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

If you cant hang your hopes on the 14 draft then hang them on the 15 or 16. They have nothing at the qb position.

Comment

I'm not ROOTING for losses. It's time for the franchise to look in the mirror and understand that Vick and Foles aren't even stopgaps they play just well enough to keep the team out of contention for success and out of contention for a player that will bring success. It's a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                      but I do believe I am going to adopt snakebitten's/tta's former stance that the Eagles NEED to lose games from here on out. They are drifting in the nfl's doldrums without a real qb. Let all of the young guys play, cut any dead weight (what the fuck is james casey doing on this team) Vick is going to put them at 6-10 or 7-9, that isn't going to cut it. I don't care if they start Barkley or Dixon or Avant (prefer barkley) but they need to lose. The Raiders, Browns, Jags, Vikings, Tampa Bay, all need a qb and will most likely be drafting ahead of the Eagles. It's either get really shitty now or mortgage future picks and trade up.
                      Raiders are definitely not picking a QB unless TP2 is definitely a no-go. I think they have their guy.

the Browns, Jags, Vikes, Sucs are likely going to do so. Jags are getting #1 and I'm assuming Teddy B, it's down to the Sucs and Vikes in the way. I think the Browns pick Johnny F.

and BTW I agree with this post.
                      Last edited by Dr. Claw; 10-21-2013, 04:56 PM.

Comment

This isn't about being positive or negative. Most reasonable fans saw the end of the Reid era as a disaster that will take a minimum of 3 years to fix. They have to draft smart and look toward 2015. That's the earliest possible season where they can be competitive again. Until then we might see an occasional upswing but make no mistake, they will be a mirage.

Who knows? Maybe Randall's kid will be avail just in the nick of time... 2016. After the team is rebuilt and just waiting for the next franchise QB. A great QB on a shitty team is still a shitty team with a great QB. So 2014 doesn't matter even a little bit.

2013 was a write off even before it began thanks to Andy and the push to go all in the last several years.

Comment

Working...
                        X