• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by p1_ View Post
    yes.
    Barkley sucked a little harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      I thought Foles was the "takes what the d gives and throws it away if nothing is there guy"? All you have to do is look at the play he got hurt on. What the fuck was he doing? How do you take a hit and loss of yards there? I'm telling you he was like a deer in headlights. The situation was too big for him.
      Drew Bledsoe.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        I thought he was the timing guy who "threw the receivers open".
        He was throwing the receivers out of bounds... Freeman was doing the same BS against the G-INTs.

Comment

Dr. Claw,

If you are posting on the Wangnuts board you need to stop it immediately and permanently. It's either here or there, and if it's there it can't be here. Peace out.

We take this shit very seriously.
          Last edited by RSE; 10-22-2013, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Ah, a double agent. I knew I had seen that screen name somewhere.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

First NFL start ever that was meaningful. He choked. There's nothing more complicated to it than that. Can't have a choker under center. Barkley wasn't prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                First NFL start ever that was meaningful. He choked. There's nothing more complicated to it than that. Can't have a choker under center. Barkley wasn't prepared.
                barkley choked on a stocked team in college...and he's a usc quarterback. that's like 8 strikes against him.

they don't have the qb of the future on this team. they should just forfeit the season...spare us watching this dreck and then hope for a qb next year in the draft.
                Last edited by nerd; 10-22-2013, 01:06 PM.
                “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                  Dr. Claw,

If you are posting on the Wangnuts board you need to stop it immediately and permanently. It's either here or there, and if it's there it can't be here. Peace out.

We take this shit very seriously.

So you're saying Dr. Claw goes both ways?

Comment

Apparently, notwithstanding my polite warning, Dr. Claw is still trying to go both ways. It's Hammer Time for Dr. Claw.

I mean it that we take this shit seriously. The proprietor is very open minded about who can post here and very patient with the idiots who do. But you can't be a Wangnut and post here.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                      Apparently, notwithstanding my polite warning, Dr. Claw is still trying to go both ways. It's Hammer Time for Dr. Claw.

I mean it that we take this shit seriously. The proprietor is very open minded about who can post here and very patient with the idiots who do. But you can't be a Wangnut and post here.

I always thought that went without saying,,,,, and unwritten law if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                        or was that a bump in the road?

All I know is, that was the 30th ranked defense in the league he was facing. He was missing wide open receivers all day.

If you hold that team to 17 points you absolutely should win the game at home.
                        Super late to the party on this, but I only got a chance to really watch the game last night (worked Sunday).

What I saw was a guy who was reluctant to pull the trigger vs. man coverage. I thought Dallas had pretty good coverage through the game, and Foles' failure to hit guys when they were wide open exacerbated that appearance of poor coverage.

He wasn't throwing the ball with any kind of confidence at all. And that's a weird thing to see at the start of a game. I can see a game not going well and then you second-guess, but to start a game like that? Strange.

Hard to say for sure, since it's such a small sample size, but I felt like Foles just wasn't comfortable throwing into the windows that were available to him, then just came apart like a cheap suit.

That's problem number one.

Problem number two was something I sorta felt like I saw last year and in preseason, but seemed really obvious vs. Dallas: Foles looks like he has a problem with a particular kind of deep ball.

This is total armchair quarterbacking, obviously.

To me it looks like Foles is fine throwing the short touch passes and really firing the ball on short passes, and is comfortable putting a ball up in the air for a guy to run under it. But I think he struggles when he's got to zip a ball into a sort-of deep window. Like, putting pace on a ball that has to get over a defender.

I think there are two good examples of this in the game and a third so-so example. The overthrow to Celek needs to be fired, not hung up, which might be why it was long. The post to DJax that got knocked away at the last second was another; the ball was in the air too long. The last example was the awful missed TD to Avant. There wasn't a close defender to clear, but the ball couldn't be hung up too high and when he tried to make that kind of throw, he came up short.

I don't know if it's an arm strength thing or what, but I've gotten the feeling from watching Foles that his deep ball has to be lofted or nothing. Of course, even those throws Sunday were way off for him.

Adding a little intrigue, I thought, was Barkley's performance. The INTs were terrible, no doubt, but I think he showed he was capable of making all the throws. Bad as his performance was, after seeing it I thought more of his chances to be the QB of the future than I did in the preseason.

-AE

Comment

I didn't look at the tape on NFL Rewind and was at the game, but the throws he was missing didn't look like throws he hasn't made before.

The one to Avant was so wide open it was not an arm strength issue IMO.

Kelly said something about footwork after the game.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                            I didn't look at the tape on NFL Rewind and was at the game, but the throws he was missing didn't look like throws he hasn't made before.

The one to Avant was so wide open it was not an arm strength issue IMO.

Kelly said something about footwork after the game.
                            It might not be arm strength, it may be confidence. I haven't charted his throws or anything, I just feel like he's often putting more air under balls than he should.

And that can be footwork. Usually if you're hanging balls up it's because you're raising your front shoulder too much. But if you're not striding out like you should, that can cause problems. Not getting enough on the ball and having to get it more in the air than you should.

While my impression could be affected by comparing him to Vick, who has one of the better arms in the league, I still feel like that's the kind of throw Foles has trouble making.

-AE

Comment

IDK ... it seemed to me to be close in distance to the first TD to Jackson last week on the post that beat Revis.

He stepped into that one and put something on it, it seemed ... and took a hit.

EDITED TO ADD: Actually, I think he took the hit on the second one ... don't remember if he did on the first ... still, the first seemed similar in distance to the Avant fuck up.
                              Last edited by slag; 10-25-2013, 07:40 PM.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Agreed...he had a stinker..

Originally posted by slag View Post
                                He sucked ... I'm still not sure if he sucks.
                                I think he's much better than Klob...if that means anything

sometimes we over Press,,so bad that we implode,,it happens to athletes...Qb is the toughest job in Pro sports,,He gets One... he plays like that again,,U know he's a chump..or bust.....
                                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                                "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                                X