Well, does Foles suck???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slag View Post
    IDK ... it seemed to me to be close in distance to the first TD to Jackson last week on the post that beat Revis.

He stepped into that one and put something on it, it seemed ... and took a hit.

EDITED TO ADD: Actually, I think he took the hit on the second one ... don't remember if he did on the first ... still, the first seemed similar in distance to the Avant fuck up.
    The only ball that looked like it was thrown with authority was the sideline route to DJax where he got popped a little.

The TD on Revis was fine to air out. A guy was able to close on it this time.

Again, this is all just my impression of what I've seen of him. Maybe he fires it out when he's got a clear line-of-sight so it's not as consistent, I don't really know. But to me it looks like he throws his 40-yard passes like they're going 60 yards.

-AE

Comment

I agree that he needs more air than I'd like on deeper throws.

But, despite only a small sample (8 games or whatever) ... Foles looked like he was on drugs or throwing the game on a bet.

I never thought he had a big arm, but fuck!
      Last edited by slag; 10-25-2013, 08:06 PM.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        I agree that he needs more air than I'd like on deeper throws.

But, despite only a small sample (8 games or whatever) ... Foles looked like he was on drugs or throwing the game on a bet.

I never thought he had a big arm, but fuck!
        He was inexplicably bad. It did make me wonder if he was hurt. And hurt bad.

Without rechecking all his games and stuff, I can't be sure, but I wonder if there was some reluctance against man coverage there all along, and it just got exposed. That is, did he always look good throwing vs. zone but sketchy vs. man and the Cowboys figured it out or just happened to play a defense that showed it perfectly?

I really don't know what the deal was, but that was just about the worst showing you could have imagined from a second-year QB.

Barkley, though. He may not be the answer but damned if he didn't flash an arm I didn't think he had.

-AE

Comment

IF You truly analize his game;

You will see that something was truly off with his decision making and timing;
          He was very hesitant on delivering the ball, on several occasions the receiver was coming open, and he held the ball and threw late. Where in the past game he was releasing as the receiver started into his break! I thought at the time, that there was something wrong with his head.
          "Never Look Back, Something May Be Gaining On You."

Comment

He was definitely out of sorts, it's just disturbing that he has the potential for games like this. I honestly thought he was at worst a good game manager/high completion percentage guy, a poor mans alex smith per say. He really shit the bed.
            Last edited by Greenstealth; 10-25-2013, 09:04 PM.

Comment

After thinking about it.... it looked like he didn't want to make a mistake. Held on to the ball which I didn't think did a whole lot of before. They may have something with barkley...he's just a usc qb... makes me doubt him. I thought his arm was okay. Better than I thought but maybe slightly above average.

Watching taysom hill from byu. Sophomore...kind of like him.

Also not comparing players but arm strength. Manning has a very average arm now...but he's so accurate and has supreme confidence...if foles can't play like that.... nothing more than a backup. Like not making good... but baby be afraid to throw picks or make a mistake.
              Last edited by nerd; 10-25-2013, 09:10 PM.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I wonder when he got concused

because he looked off from the get go. We are so starved for the Next great Guy at QB and the media frenzy after the Tampa game had to "creep into his head". based off of games played he is 2-7, that is almost enough to say he will not carry a team and super-stardom is not in his career path. A solid #2, with the right cast of characters 8-10 year career as a back-up.

Kelly is working with what he has and as it has been said "his QB" is not on this team yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Neumans own View Post
                  because he looked off from the get go. We are so starved for the Next great Guy at QB and the media frenzy after the Tampa game had to "creep into his head". based off of games played he is 2-7, that is almost enough to say he will not carry a team and super-stardom is not in his career path. A solid #2, with the right cast of characters 8-10 year career as a back-up.

Kelly is working with what he has and as it has been said "his QB" is not on this team yet...
                  i don't know that's it's enough. a bunch of qb's have had terrible records their first year or two and not been all that great either.

i mean...he was a 3rd round pick...he's a project. Russell Wilson is the exception and not the rule for later round picks.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I wonder what the success rate is for 3rd QB's

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                    i don't know that's it's enough. a bunch of qb's have had terrible records their first year or two and not been all that great either.

i mean...he was a 3rd round pick...he's a project. Russell Wilson is the exception and not the rule for later round picks.
                    I am not discounting that he has some skills but I feel he was a settle pick after not being able to grab their first choice. With hard work and dedication he could become a serviceable QB just not stud imho. Enough experts fall into this camp but to think Kelly see's enough in him to forgo grabbing a QB next year or that he is our Starter next year is wishful thinking.

Comment

oh, i don't think that he'll be given the job at all. i think that they probably draft a qb and kelly has a death match between foles, barkley and the rookie.

edit...tim mcmanus...i think sometime this week...said that the sense is the eagles aren't really impressed by this draft class qb's...which is find of funny considering that kelly heavily recruited two of them.

then again, maybe he thought they would be great for college but now thinks they would be "meh" for the pros.

who knows. all i know is i want a young qb to root for....foles, barkley or next victim.
                      Last edited by nerd; 10-26-2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X