Tim McCarver line of the night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim McCarver line of the night

After Descalzo took a close pitch on a 3-2 count for ball four: "There are bad takes, and there are great takes. That was a good take."

I swear, Ralph Kiner, who is 91 and is difficult to understand because he has Bell's palsy, is infinitely more insightful on Met broadcasts than McCarver is. He adds nothing (and together with Joe Buck is an embarrassment to Fox Sports). Thankfully, he's being put out of our misery not a moment too soon.

The Mike Mycock of baseball?

Originally posted by RSE View Post
    After Descalzo took a close pitch on a 3-2 count for ball four: "There are bad takes, and there are great takes. That was a good take."

I swear, Ralph Kiner, who is 91 and is difficult to understand because he has Bell's palsy, is infinitely more insightful on Met broadcasts than McCarver is. He adds nothing (and together with Joe Buck is an embarrassment to Fox Sports). Thankfully, he's being put out of our misery not a moment too soon.
    nm
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

We all know that I can't stand the Mets, but Ron Darling and Keith Hernandez really add a lot to the Met telecasts. Conversely, listening to McCarver is the aural equivalent of watching some great aged ape playing with its poop.

Comment

I remember hearing similar complaints when the Phillies were in the World Series.... In 1993.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Comment

He won't be Mycock until he says some stupid made up catch phrase verbose shit like:

"Well, Beltran isn't a long strider and did not elevate sufficiently to get that ball ... looks like it's an appointment with the trainer's table now ... he better watch it because he's no good to the club in the tub.
            Last edited by slag; 10-25-2013, 10:52 AM.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
            X