Tahj Boyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tahj Boyd

Early on, I would have been all in on Boyd. Watching him the past couple weeks, no thanks.

He's really struggled and then the announcers say how Boyd made a comment about the pressure getting to him and that he's not out there having fun anymore.

I'll pass on the guy who needs it to be all sunshine and rainbows and take the QB who thinks the pressure packed situations are when the fun starts.

As I post that, he runs in a huge TD, still, in the pass game, I don't know about him.

Comment

In Boyd's defense, this was the year Clemson thought they could get to the national title game. There was immense pressure from the Clemson alumni and supporters on Dabo, Boyd, and especially Venables the DC to get them there. But their no. 3 ranking belied the fact that they were a much stronger offensive team last season. They lost Hopkins and Ellington, who are both impressing in the NFL, and their replacements are nowhere as good. Also, the offensive line has had a really down year. It can't be fun in Clemson right now.

The heat's really on Venables. They paid him a lot of money to come in and improve the defense. Excuses were made for him last year on the grounds that he hadn't a chance to bring in players or install his system. But giving up 51 to Florida State this season won't cut it.

Comment

Working...
      X