Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a look at our future on ESPN 4pm pacific time

Oregon vs UCLA

I probably just jinxed Mariota big time.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Take a look at Hundley too. He could be a possibility.

Comment

Not impressed with either QB's first half play. I saw a few Dmac wormburner specials.
      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

If I had to guess, Oregon was not expecting UCLA to come out with this gameplan. The Duck offense really couldn't get rolling at all.

It will be interesting to see how they respond in the second half.

No matter how he plays tonight, Mariota is the guy. I've watched enough Oregon games since he's taken over to believe he's the right man for the job.
        Last edited by Sect 236; 10-26-2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Me neither.

These read option guys are cute but look at the qb's who win Super Bowls every year. What do they have in common?

Comment

Before last season, how prevalent was the read option or read option QBs?

If Chip Kelly is your coach and the best college QBs coming out in the immediate future are read option QBs, I don't know what other option you really have but to try and find the best one.

Comment

I don't think that system or style from your QB can win a championship. I just don't.

Qb's take way too many hits over course of a season in read option offenses. It's always gonna come back to haunt you.

Pitch and catch and a balanced running attack is the way to do it.

Comment

I'm not arguing that I wouldn't rather have an offense built around a Luck or Rodgers but as I said, all the eggs are in the Chip Kelly basket.

Our/Their offense is going to be the read option as long as he's here. Likewise, as long as the college game continues to produce mediocre pocket passers, the high picks are going to continue to be the dual threat guys.

Comment

Yeah it's trending that way. Kelly is a brilliant offensive mind and capable if change. If eagles were lucky enough to get a guy who could sling it from the pocket I'm sure he could make the proper adjustments.

This read option shit is gonna fade out. Every gay gimmicky O does eventually. What stays around forever? Running the ball and a QB who can hit a WR in stride

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                    This read option shit is gonna fade out. Every gay gimmicky O does eventually. What stays around forever? Running the ball and a QB who can hit a WR in stride
                    In the past I would have agreed with you, but the way the game is changing and becoming flag football, who even knows what will last/succeed.

Comment

Draft guys are now starting to say Mariota may have passed Bridgewater and has a shot to be the first pick in the draft. I would love to see the eagles get him, but I don't know if they can get up that high even if they want to. Maybe they do go Manziel...the guy has red flags all over him but he is torching the sec week after week.

Comment

Working...
                      X