In regards to Chip Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In regards to Chip Kelly

Don't we have to give this more than 8 games before we declare it a failed experiment or not ? We've seen that this offense CAN work, but what needs to be there is more consistency from Chip. Some more creativity wouldn't hurt, either, which is something I'd never thought I'd say about a Chip Kelly offense. I'm sorry, but I gotta give the guy at least the whole seaosn before I start making any kind of judgements.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
    Don't we have to give this more than 8 games before we declare it a failed experiment or not ? We've seen that this offense CAN work, but what needs to be there is more consistency from Chip. Some more creativity wouldn't hurt, either, which is something I'd never thought I'd say about a Chip Kelly offense. I'm sorry, but I gotta give the guy at least the whole seaosn before I start making any kind of judgements.
    You have to give him 2 Full Seasons. He is playing with Reid's slop. You need to give him another draft and hopefully he gets his QB. Its way too early and unfair to say he is a bust. However, his playcalling yesterday was ver Reid esq. I really hope yestrday was the last time we ever see Vick play in Eagle green.

Comment

The biggest problem is the QB situation, if you ask me. I don't think it's a coincidence the offense started to fizzle when Vick got hurt. Also the OL hasn't been playing too great the last couple of games.

But Vick is definitely not the future. I think it's time to move on.

Going forward, I have some hope Ertz can pull his head out of his azz and stop dropping balls. Maclin should come back from his injury but don't forget he will be a FA.

QB situation is the big problem. It's a real shame Kelly did not name Barkley the starter for last weeks game and had practiced with him getting first team reps all week. Not that I think it would solve the QB problem-- I just think it would have provided a more fair evaluation of Barkley.

My hope is that Kelly has some guy targeted at QB that isn't even on our radar screen right now.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        I don't think it's a coincidence the offense started to fizzle when Vick got hurt.
        I think that's slightly short sighted. If fizzled at key times with Vick, and it was successful with Foles for periods.

For me, the whole key is still play calling. What happened to screen plays? Why wait to stretch the field? We used to kill FF for doing shit like this, so Kelly needs to get better there.

Comment

Originally posted by TROGDOR View Post
          I think that's slightly short sighted. If fizzled at key times with Vick, and it was successful with Foles for periods.

For me, the whole key is still play calling. What happened to screen plays? Why wait to stretch the field? We used to kill FF for doing shit like this, so Kelly needs to get better there.
          I don't disagree that the play calling has been bad, but the whole read option crap stopped working when Vick got hurt.

Why call that play if the QB isn't going to take it and run with it once in a while? It has been killing the running game, IMO. And that has been killing everything else.

So yeah, you're right Kelly should be calling different plays with the other QBs in there. On the other hand, Foles blew so badly against the Cowboys I don't know what to make of it other than the Eagles have a mess at QB.
          --------

Comment

I don't disagree that the play calling has been bad, but the whole read option crap stopped working when Vick got hurt.

Why call that play if the QB isn't going to take it and run with it once in a while? It has been killing the running game, IMO. And that has been killing everything else.

So yeah, you're right Kelly should be calling different plays with the other QBs in there. On the other hand, Foles blew so badly against the Cowboys I don't know what to make of it other than the Eagles have a mess at QB.
            from what i read...the eagles ran the read option a bunch against the redskins..and every game after it started to get lower and lower.

so he may have seen something in the first couple weeks to make him start not using the read option as much.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

The read option is fools gold in this league. To base an entire offense around it is asking for disaster. Just my humble opinion which could be tainted by watching several quarterback injuries. We can sit here and discuss the other nuances and happenings of the game but ultimately if you don't have a quarterback, you don't have anything.
              Last edited by Greenstealth; 10-28-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                from what i read...the eagles ran the read option a bunch against the redskins..and every game after it started to get lower and lower.

so he may have seen something in the first couple weeks to make him start not using the read option as much.
                Vick groin injury
                --------

Comment

Vick groin injury
                  that came out of nowhere. myths mclane is now going to investigate the rumored groin injury to foles that was not getting much play.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

This read option that requires a QB To run numerous times during a game is a fad/phase/trend that will go the way of the Choclate martini as teams watch high paid running QBs being carted off the field.

A QB NEEDS to be mobile enough to extend a passing play. Not depend on him to be a productive rusher. Sooner or later he will be buried if he runs. Barkley should be allowed to drop back, find receivers and throw. Only then will we be able to determine if he can be the QB going forward. Because chip ball just isn't going to last long.

Comment

Yeah, there have been plenty of times

When they run that play, and it looks like if the qb just keeps the ball and runs around the corner, there's no one there for about 15 yards. maybe Chip doesn't allow the qb to make the choice of whether or not the back gets the ball.
                      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
                        This read option that requires a QB To run numerous times during a game is a fad/phase/trend that will go the way of the Choclate martini as teams watch high paid running QBs being carted off the field.

A QB NEEDS to be mobile enough to extend a passing play. Not depend on him to be a productive rusher. Sooner or later he will be buried if he runs. Barkley should be allowed to drop back, find receivers and throw. Only then will we be able to determine if he can be the QB going forward. Because chip ball just isn't going to last long.

THIS, is exactly why I have my doubts of CK's system working in the NFL, you would either need the luckiest QB of all time, the toughest QB of all time, or you better have a good rotation in the bullpen.

Defenders in this league are too big, too fast, to think that your QB is not going to get hammered throughout the year, I don't care how "athletic" your front line is, once that QB breaks protection, he's on his own in most cases.

Comment

"This offense"?

I haven't seen any offense whatsoever in the last two HOME games.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                            The read option is fools gold in this league.
                            Don't you mean Fooles gold in this league?
                            --------

Comment

I would but fooles can't run it

Comment

Working...
                              X