Horribly coached game by Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horribly coached game by Kelly

I know it's documented all over the board but just going on record, as a crew member of the Chip Ship, I just have to acknowledge he went from a bad game last week to a hideous one on Sunday.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

The onsides kick was too soon, IMHO, but it was debatable that he kick a 50 yarder into the wind. I know he tried the 60 yarder last week, which oddly enough was long enough but wide. What I don't get is why Barkley didn't take what the defense was giving him on the read option plays There was loads of green out in front of him--hell, Foles even ran once in a while to pick up yards. 4th and 4 from the 47 he could have made it I can only guess that he has told Barkley not to run since he was the only QB standing. But to me, you do what is necessary to pick up the yards. TERRIBLE goalline call though--you have the best RB in the league this year and have a 3rd team rookie QB in, and you pass the ball???

Comment

not anticipating Vick would go down

If he was going to throw Barkley to the wolves, shouldn't he have done so by starting him and allowed Vick to heal. Seemed obvious from the jump Vick would not survive the game. Why didn't Barkley get first team reps during the week of practice?
      May 7, 2010

Comment

maybe he just doesn't have any faith in barkley.

you have a qb with questionable health and you don't give the only other qb some first team reps? it's just really odd.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

if that's the case

why didn't he bring in some other chump cannon fodder? Did he really think Vick would stay healthy?
          May 7, 2010

Comment

the OL has been torn a new asshole the past 2 weeks. I'm officially concerned with Express Lane Johnson and his being a bust. Peters looks old, Herremans is terrible.

if you told me 3 weeks ago the defense would be the least of our concerns i would have laughed and taken your lunch money.

Comment

Very good point, Possum Boy

O line is turrrible.
              May 7, 2010

Comment

I think (hope) herremans playing like shit is making johnson look worse than he is. The right side is a mess.

Comment

I hope you're right and time will tell but there are some huge red flags with Johnson's play. He made Tuck look like Strahan sunday. i was rewatching some of it last night with my kids and watched Johnson on every snap.

He looks weak and played soft. I'm not sure he has that 'killer' instinct but hope he in fact does.

We need that guy to be Runyan esque for next 10 years.

Comment

that's the weird thing...he was known for being nasty last year in college.

actually, if you look at all three tackles taken...joeckel has the broken ankle but wasn't setting the world on fire before he got hurt and fisher is having the same questions asked in KC.

the top tackles may have sold everyone a bill of goods in this draft. should have drafted warmack...dude is a machine and was easily the best offensive lineman in the draft. he's just a guard and they aren't allowed to be drafted that high.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I think Greenstealth is correct, the d tackle was clogging the hole EVERY time they ran the shotgun draw. Shady had to punch it outside there was no hole on the right, and don't get me started on the pass protection from the right guard spot.
                      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                        why didn't he bring in some other chump cannon fodder? Did he really think Vick would stay healthy?
                        i still think that barkley was a roseman pick....like, "oh, i saw him throw for 600 yards against hawaii...can't believe he lasted till the 4th round...must have him"

i do like barkley. arm is stronger than i thought...but he still doesn't have a strong arm.

and he moves worse than foles which i didn't think was possible.

Comment

He doesn't have the right qb to run this offense, never did from day 1...vick takes forever to make decisions and you got 2 sloths as backups who can't run the read option...that makes them easy to defend, it's too obvious when they are run vs. pass. Also they are getting killed on time of possession.

Comment

i think they are easy to defense because they just aren't good. their o-line is basically awful. they can't run up the middle so it forces everything outside so there is nothing to get out there.

the next qb they need to get needs to be accurate and be able to run. mariotta is sitting around 62% in college...the way offenses run...that's not all that great....especially with all the bubble screen nonsense they run.

like, whoever they draft this upcoming year is going to be a project as well. this class is okay...but nothing special.

Comment

I'm surprised with some of his decisions.

I shouted Harry High School Harry a few times during the Dallas game Like when he sent in Alex Henery to attempt a 60 yard field goal on 4th and 1 with 20 seconds left in the half and a timeout in his pocket. Athens Eagles kept on correcting me saying its "High school Harry not Harry high school". Its a good thing our seats were side by each.

Comment

Working...
                              X