No announcement yet.

Anyone watching the Sixers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleveland will draft wiggins. Lebron will go back, bynums knees will get healthy and irving will be the best guard in the league by next year.

Oh yeah, I forgot, cleveland...

Comment

I just think it's great that snakebitten is advocating tanking again. Man I wish we had rgiii.

Comment

It was a special occasion: picnic basket giveaway promo. People have a right to be excited.

Comment

I think it's pretty close to unanimous that the sixers need to tank.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            I just think it's great that snakebitten is advocating tanking again. Man I wish we had rgiii.
            Yeah, RG3 wouldn't be a good fit for this team. Luck stinks, also.

You need to stop posting here after a night at the bar, liquorhead. If you think the Sixers winning games this year is a good thing after you sober up, you know as much about basketball as you do football.

Comment

Joke's on you. RGIII and/or Luck have never thrown 7 TDs in a NFL game!!!!!!
              Last edited by Sect 236; 11-09-2013, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I was wondering when reality was going to set in for Oakland. I had them pegged as the worst team in the NFL before the season. Ironically, this may be another team that could target a QB before the Eagles pick.

Comment

dude i don't even drink. luck is better than foles but RGIII isn't having a good season. yes he has more talent than foles but he has no idea how to protect himself. of course it would be great to have luck but how would that have happened? it would not have been realistic for the eagles to have gone 1-15 in 2011.

as bad as the raiders are they're not the jaguars. their "reality" is that they'll win like 6 games. they're not the worst team in the league. you also completely misused "ironic."

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                    The key to a good tanking season is getting out of the gates slowly. An immediate lack of success with low expectations can reconfirm the lack of confidence they need. Now, this team knows they can hang with anyone. They are the toast of the town. Sure, it's the 'City of Brotherly Scrubs' (C) but they are still making the front page. That's not good.
                    this is completely false. last year's bobcats had the second-worst record in the league and they started the season 7-5. even the bobcats team that had the lowest winning percentage ever won their first game of the season.

Comment

You're ripping on a QB coming off an injury playing for an awful organization. I don't get it. You bring up Luck not being a reasonable draft option so he doesn't count? Do you remember how the Eagles turned around an abortion of a product? Just because a Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch happens doesn't mean it's the norm. The Colts will win a Super Bowl and this team will still be searching for it's identity.

If the Sixers have the worst record, they can do no worst than the number four selection in a projected deep draft. Wiggins, Parker, and Randle all have the potential to be superstars. Wouldn't you rather increase your odds to position yourself to get one of them? I guess not, they may turn out to be the next Greg Oden.

Comment

no, luck doesn't count. you wanted the eagles to lose their last 4 games after their 4-8 start so they could get RGIII. that was unlikely but conceivable. it didn't happen because the eagles weren't bad enough to do it, and they weren't even close to bad enough to go 1-15 or 2-14 that season. luck wasn't a realistic option. the colts have also made a lot of improvements besides just drafting luck. it wasn't just luck with his 54% completion rate and a soft schedule that go the colts to the playoff last season(though having him over dan orlovsky helped).

i am ripping a QB coming off an injury because he doesn't help his own cause. that wasn't RGIII's first major injury, and it probably won't be his last. RGIII is fragile and has no idea how to protect himself. it's also worth nothing that the next running QB to win a super bowl will be the first. i'm not saying that foles will win a super bowl but he is playing than RGIII right now and has a much better chance to make the playoffs.

Comment

Please tell me you aren't putting Foles in the same category as Luck and RG3? So does Luck have a soft schedule this year, too? I don't get it. Foles is not the answer. This team needs a QB. Didn't we go though this nonsense with Kolb? It's another case of 'wait-and-see' for those with a learning curve. That's fine.

Comment

i'm not putting foles in the same category as luck, but i'm saying that while he's less talented, he could be as capable of winning as RGIII. he could be better as a pocket passer, he's less fragile, and he's not turnover prone(which RGIII wasn't last season, but on top of 9 INTs this year he already leads the league in fumbles). yes, they would be better off with luck, but they shouldn't have lost on purpose to get RGIII.

foles is way ahead of where kolb was at this point in his career. kolb was third on the depth chart as a rookie for a reason. foles's two good games as a rookie were way more than kolb had. kolb was only thrust into second on the depth chart to prove a point in his second season. dude was horrendous when he stepped in. yeah, preseason is meaningless, but once kolb was named the starter he sucked in the preseason, and that was before his 4th year a pro. he had a good game against atlanta and uh...that's it. foles has shown more with good games against the giants, bucs, and raiders. the eagles held onto kolb for too long and tried to make him a starter to justify the draft pick. foles is currently playing well in kelly's system after being drafted while reid was coach. completely different situation.

Comment

Working...
                            X