Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So will Foles be a star in the league???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So will Foles be a star in the league???

After Dallas I asked if he sucked.

It's only fair.

I still haven't figured it out.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

i know its been discussed

he wasnt right against the cunts, so hopefully he can prove to be more consistent

Comment

I was hoping he was going to be a long time ago.

http://igglephans.com/iggboard/showthread.php?t=272384

Comment

I don't know yet. He definitely looks like a starter.... but I don't know if he's like an average starter or a star. Like.... is he schaub or a top guy?

I don't know.... the bad was awful.... but for two and a half games he's been really good.... hopefully he continues to be pretty good
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

The potential is there.

Its going to be as much about the team they can put around him as it will be him developing further at this point.

EDIT: .. and yes I think they will attempt to put a team around him. Foles area is here.
          Last edited by j1mmy; 11-07-2013, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j1mmy View Post
            The potential is there.

Its going to be as much about the team they can put around him as it will be him developing further at this point.
            I liked it when that reporter from the bleacherreport said that foles throwing for 7 tds was garbage. No.... if Christian Ponder throws for 7 tds... now that is garbage
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

He'll be a star.

Originally posted by Irish George View Post

It's only fair.

In the Arena League.
              DB

Comment

Depends what he's asked to do. If he's asked to strap a lousy offense to his back and drag a team to victory he'll look pretty foolish. Mcnabb could do that, in fact he almost seemed better at that than just being a system qb that maximized the talents of others (2004 he did just that, of course). I think foles could be a qb that can engineer wins if he has good talent around him.

I hope he proves himself this season, so roseman doesn't spend the next five drafts like ahab searching for an ever-elusive franchise qb.

Comment

He's in the Arena League
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Good point

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    He's in the Arena League
                    I don't know wha tthe hell I'm watching any more up in here.
                    DB

Comment

All due respect to the suggestion that he is Arena League talent:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...g_quarterbacks

No way he's not top third in this crew. Factor in guys rolling off in next 2-3 years - Manning, Brady, Rothelsblahblah....

Comment

Originally posted by j1mmy View Post
                        All due respect to the suggestion that he is Arena League talent:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...g_quarterbacks

No way he's not top third in this crew. Factor in guys rolling off in next 2-3 years - Manning, Brady, Rothelsblahblah....
                        Foles is probably top 20 right now.... but other guys ahead are also more established...if he doesnt fuck up this chance he could definitely climb

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post

It's only fair.

I want to see him play a couple good games against a team that plays a lot of man coverage. Fortunately for him, the best defense they face the rest of the way is Arizona.

I'm still not sold. I saw several busted coverages by the Raiders (corners twice fell down on TD passes and then they just didn't cover McCoy on that swing pass). A couple deep balls were definitely thrown on the money but easily could have been broken up by the DB (the deep post to Cooper where the corner fell down and the long pass to DeSean that set up another score).

I'm not saying Foles' big day was a fluke. He could be the real deal. I'm just saying there's a chance he's more Brady Anderson than Babe Ruth. Except for the steroid thing.

-AE

Comment

Using quantitative speak, sample of games (n) just isn't large enough to reject the null hypothesis that he blows.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnapolisEagle View Post
                              I want to see him play a couple good games against a team that plays a lot of man coverage. Fortunately for him, the best defense they face the rest of the way is Arizona.

I'm still not sold. I saw several busted coverages by the Raiders (corners twice fell down on TD passes and then they just didn't cover McCoy on that swing pass). A couple deep balls were definitely thrown on the money but easily could have been broken up by the DB (the deep post to Cooper where the corner fell down and the long pass to DeSean that set up another score).

I'm not saying Foles' big day was a fluke. He could be the real deal. I'm just saying there's a chance he's more Brady Anderson than Babe Ruth. Except for the steroid thing.

-AE
                              i think you can say that about most qb's though. i mean, watching what brady did against the steelers...people are like, "brady is back"...i watch the steelers every week...their defense is really, really terrible. they were blowing assignments left and right.

i just think that for the most part...the really good qb's can see the mistakes and react quickly and get the ball there...and two...for the most part...they have wideouts that make plays for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X