Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So will Foles be a star in the league???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nerd View Post
    i'll tip my hand. i think he will stink in the nfl.

he has a barely average arm, he isn't 6'1" 210 and he plays playground football too much.

great college player...don't see him being more than an okay back up in the nfl. i'm wrong, i'm wrong...but there is nothing i see that is amazing for the nfl.

i've also watched 4 games of his this year...and every game i'm thinking, "that would be picked off". he had 1 against ole miss and it should have been 2 or 3 more.
    Hahaha everything above is bullshit with the exception of his size. If he fails in the NFL it will be because of his size or his attitude not because of all this other made-up nonsense.
    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

made up? so when he runs backwards, sideways and throws the ball up for grabs that is made up? because i have seen it in just about every game he has played.

and there are serious questions about his arm strength. it's not very good. maybe average? maybe just below?

i see nothing that i have stated as being questionable or bullshit. plus, he plays on a team with the one of the best o-lines in college football and a probably 1st round wideout in evans.

small, bad attitude and average arm to below average arm and plays an undisciplined game. i don't see anything there that is incorrect.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
        made up? so when he runs backwards, sideways and throws the ball up for grabs that is made up? because i have seen it in just about every game he has played.

and there are serious questions about his arm strength. it's not very good. maybe average? maybe just below?

i see nothing that i have stated as being questionable or bullshit. plus, he plays on a team with the one of the best o-lines in college football and a probably 1st round wideout in evans.

small, bad attitude and average arm to below average arm and plays an undisciplined game. i don't see anything there that is incorrect.
        The arm strength thing is bullshit, especially in comparison to Foles, so stop with that.

While you laud his o-line, it appears to me they are not protecting him nearly as well as last season and that may be due to the loss of Luke Joekel.

So, as to the "running backwards" most of the time the guy is avoiding the rush and extending the play. Last time I checked, evasivesness in the pocket is a positive attribute for a QB. That goes double for players in the system Chip Kelly has employed in Philadelphia.

BTW, Kelly recruited Manziel when he was HC at Oregon so this is the type of QB that he values.
        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

the arm strength thing is not bullsh!t. foles has a good arm/had a good arm. the only question was deep ball accuracy...not if he could get it there or not.

matthews is as good as joeckel at lt...he's an easy first round pick and most likely top 10/top 5.

there is evasiveness and running around blindly. maybe he fixes that in the nfl...but i just can't imagine him getting away with that in the nfl.

recruiting for college and drafting for the nfl are two different things.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
            The arm strength thing is bullshit, especially in comparison to Foles, so stop with that.

While you laud his o-line, it appears to me they are not protecting him nearly as well as last season and that may be due to the loss of Luke Joekel.

So, as to the "running backwards" most of the time the guy is avoiding the rush and extending the play. Last time I checked, evasivesness in the pocket is a positive attribute for a QB. That goes double for players in the system Chip Kelly has employed in Philadelphia.

BTW, Kelly recruited Manziel when he was HC at Oregon so this is the type of QB that he values.
            Mariota fit the mold of mobile QB's with stronger arms, because they excel in college football where pure passing skills aren't as important. It's a lot easier to find those guys than an Andrew Luck. You find a kid like that, let him lean on a great running game and it's almost plug-and-play.

I think the 2012 draft got everyone's nipples hard on mobile QB's.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

As a former QB myself - Beck was in the zone. One of the greatest QB performances of all time. Like Montana.
              Last edited by noguano; 11-08-2013, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X